The Girl with Scarlet Wrists Chapter 15

Word of the day: Hogwash(s)

Chapter 15:

Woah woah woah wait!

So lets get this straight.

"Okay so your telling me that I'm the heir to my fathers fortune and his Uhbevc corporation. And you want me to move back to Russia to take over?" I scoffed.

Elizabeth frowned "Layla this is a serious matter, and I should be taking it up with your parents, but if you choose not to take over his corporation you'll be putting thousands among thousands of people out of a job, and take all Uhbevc exports off the market, which can also rupture our economy the slightest. This is not something to be trifled with. Once you turn 18 you will be trained on the corporation and how to run things. You are the sole heir to what he's left for mother Russia." She crossed her arms over her chest.

I didn't notice until now how dressed up she was.

Business suit jacket and skirt, tie, and black patent pumps.

"I.. I.. I don't know. I'm only 16 you can't expect to give me an entire corporation and just hop on the next flight to Russia. I haven't been there in years, and I have a family here. I mean really. Just wait until Marissa and Rick show up. Their going to be harder to fight. They'll tag team you." I laughed gesturing her to come in.

I made us some tea, and for a moment I almost forgot about the girls upstaris. I could still hear them laughing hysterically.

"You have siblings?" She sipped her tea, crossing her legs.

"Just a little sister, My friends are watching a movie in my room."

She chuckled, "That explains the PJ's."

I sighed, "How is it?"

"Pardon?"

"What's it like over there? Has it changed much?"

"Oh sweetie the world is always changing. No matter on what part your in. Mother Russia has been. Well. I believe its all upon opinion at this point, but for the most part were doing good." She nodded to me.

Marissa and Rick came in holding a sleepy Julia.

Marissa came over to the kitchen to introduce her self with a confused look on her face, "Hello I'm Marissa Kanish, and this is my husband Rick." She shook Elizabeth's hand.

"Sorry to intrude into your family home, I'm Elizabeth. I've come to talk to about Layla."

"Oh." Her face twisted a little, in confusion.

Elizabeth broke everything down for her and Rick. Marissa's mouth was on the floor while Rick was nervously rubbing soothing circles in Marissa's back.

"You want to what? Take my child out of the country and across the world to take over some empire when shes 18? Are you out of your mind!"

"Mrs. Kanish I don't think you understand... Layla-"

"No I understand that you want to take my child and turn her into some corporate robot."

"Ma'am with all do respect Layla was going to take over the corperation someday if her parents were alive. It just took as longer to find her here since her aunt took her across the world."

"And what makes you think that she would want to go back. Drop everything she has over here. Friends, a family, people who care about her. For people who just want her money?" Marissa stomped her foot.

Did she really stomp her foot?

Rick stepped in soothing her. "Marissa, sweetie. Hear the woman out. It's not like their going to take Layla against her will. Maybe we just need to think about this."

"THINK ABOUT WHAT? THEY ARE TRYING TO TAKE HER AWAY!" Marissa shouted frustrated. I heard pounding on the steps and the girls came down concerned.

"What is going on?" Kara questioned.

Marissa was oblivious to anyone except the lady and Rick.

"Im not letting them take our daughter Rick. And don't think for one second that I wont call the police and have a restraining order put on them for-"

"Sweetie your blowing this out of proportion, we need to talk about the terms and conditions and then we will go from their as a family."

"NO! I want her out of my house and this situation dropped Rick. You better back me up on this." She pointed a finger angrily, her red hair fraying with anger.

Julia ran to me teary-eyed and I picked her up resting her on my hip. She didn't like to see her parents fight. And I didn't like to see them fight, especially when it's my fault.

Kara was talking to Elizabeth with wide eyes, and Sammy looked like she was about to cry as usual.

Rachel tried to break up the argument between Rick and Marissa and I bounced a sobbing Julia on my hip.

Kara exploded. "What!? Layla are you really going to leave?"

The whole room was completely silent and everyone was looking at me.

"I..- I-... I" I ran out of there with Julia.

We went to the park and sat on the swing set.

"Are you going to leave me Layla?" She stuttered, on the verge of tears.

I sat her on my lap and cooed to her. "Shhh no no sweetie. I'm not leaving you. I just have to figure things out."

"Why are mommy and daddy fwighting?" she sobbed.

"Their not fighting. They're just really stressed, and they need to get anger out. Everything will be back to normal. I promise."

I lulled her to sleep and carried her home.

I don't know if I would be able to keep that promise.

***********************************

Uploaded 3 days in a row. So the next upload won't be for a while.

And a cliffhanger. Duh duh duuuhhhhnn.

What do you think she should do.

Oh and on top of that, I'm gonna be harder on you guys since I upload so much.

12 comments 10 votes gets the next chapter up.

So the more you vote and comment the faster it gets up.

And only one comment from each person counts you little sneaks!

So one of you can write 12 comments but only 1 of the 12 count!

hahaha. xD

Love you my little Hogwashes! <3

~Jaynet_Stewart.