The Girl with Scarlet Wrists Chapter 12

A/N: the book will start to slow down now and become more pace full. I rushed that last part a little to make it more personable so that you could see how fast life is going for Layla. Now it will become more slow and dramatic :) I went easy on you and let you get away with only 12 comments xD

Chapter: 12

Layla's Pov:

I think life is good now.

Today I'm taking Julia to the park, and we're going to play on the play scape.

To be honest I'm a little worried why Chase hasn't talked to me in a few days.

No need to worry Layla, he loves you. So no need to worry right?

Nope not at all especially when Amanda lives right down the hall, and they are ex lovers.

I bit my lip.

That's ridiculous Chase would never cheat on me. I laughed at the ridiculous thought.

Taking Julia hand in hand I brought her over to the playground where the little twerp giggled and swung around like a monkey in a field of bananas.

Watching her makes me envy how she doesn't know the negatives of the world yet.

She's the cutest little thing ever when she laughs that toothy grin, and her hazel eyes shining.

Of course she dragged me to the slide and I had to give in. Her puppy face is dangerous.

I wonder what Chase is doing?

******************************

Chase's Pov:

I can't believe what I did. Fuck fuck fuck.

What was I thinking?

Oh wait I wasn't.

I love Layla but why am I still attracted to Amanda.

Actually i'm just attracted to physical appearances.

Speaking of the devil we've been avoiding each other since the whole thing.

Should I tell Layla?

Stupid question. Of course, but I can't even think about what she would look like when I tell her.

I'm scared to death of her reaction.

I punched my wall. How could I do this to her?

Her life is just starting to clear up and I did this to her.

Dammit. Now there's a hole in my wall. I had to tell her.

I got up and called her.

she picked up on the first ring. "Hellooo?"

"Layla it's Chase we need to talk." Probably should't approach it that way.

I could here her swallow.

"Uhh okay.. Where do you want to meet?"

"How about the park or something?"

"Oh i'm here now with Julia just come right over."

"Kay bye."

"Bye."

*****************

1 hour later:

When I saw her in the park pushing Julia on the swing. I thought about how she would look pushing our child on a swing. Her long dark brown swaying and her green eyes shinning.

Fuck! She's going to kill me.

I jogged up to her.

"Julia how about you go play on the slide with Carmen okay?"

I sat on the bench with her watching Julia and a little curly haired Spanish girl play on the slide.

Layla linked her arms through mine and snuggled into me. I tensed.

She felt it and looked worried.

"What's wrong baby?"

I didn't know how to tell her so I just blurted it out.

"Amanda came on to me yesterday night and she was being all provocative and what not and I wasnt thinking. I'm so sorry."

"If you were sorry you wouldn't have done it." She scooted away.

"I can't believe you slept with her. After you told me you loved me? I was a idiot to think you'd stop being a player for me."

I stood up shaking my head. "No no no, we didn't sleep together I stopped  her before it was to late. I'm so sorry. She knew what I used to be and she used it against me, I keep messing up. But now I think that I've finally lost you forever."

I reached out to her but she jumped up and ran away. "I knew you would do this! I knew it!" she scooped up Julia and they were off down the road.

I've lost her forever.

************************************

Layla's Pov:

I'm so tired of all of this, I just want it to stop.

I want him to stop with all the I love you crap when he really doesn't love me.

How could I be so stupid a naive to let him do that to me?

I was too blinded by what he told me and the lies that came along with them.

I just want us to be over for good, so that I don;t have to worry about getting hurt by him anymore.

I don't think I'll ever forgive him. 

I need time away from this place.

Maybe this planet... I just wish there was somewhere I could go to get my mind off of all this Cali stuff.

I really wish Camille was here.

***************************************

Sorry its short.

I feel that adding more would be a drag.

Thanks for reading if you liked this chapter please check out Going Rouge on my page! Feedback is highly encouraged!

Comment/ vote/ yah know.

~Jaynet_Stewart