The Girl with Scarlet Wrists Chapter 11

Chapter 11:
Chase’s P.O.V:

I woke up to a knock at the front door.
They can wait a minute.
I got up, and brushed my teeth, and fixing my long hair. Damn. Time for a hair cut soon. I took a quick shower and was out in a flash.

It was Layla.

"Hey. What's up?" I said breaking the silence.

“Nothing just came for a visit. ” She said tapping her shoes.

"Well come in." I said leading her into the living room.

"I was thinking about what you said, and it doesn't excuse what you did, but for now I forgive you. I'm not ready to let this all go." She said.

"That's great. I'm glad you let me back in." I said hugging her.

“Yo! Sir bad boy you makin pancakes for your sidekick cause im starving!”
Amanda came out in her lacy nightgown.
Oh damn. This looks really bad.

I glanced at Layla nervously. She just raised an eyebrow.
“Uh.. This.. Uh isn’t what it-”

“Chill nut, Chase and I aren’t f*cking.” She cut me off grabbing a package of Pop tarts and coming into the living room.

“But if I had the chance I would hop on that in a second… again” She waggled her eyebrows, and laughed taking a bite out of her pop tart while sauntering back into the kitchen.

Oh she is SO not helping.

I looked towards Layla who was contemplating what Amanda meant by that.

I clasped my hands together before raking them through my hair. I held Layla’s hands in mine. “Uh, well im going to take you upstairs away from…... that. And yeah lets go.” I tugged her towards the stairs.

“But I’d rather hear how Amanda would hop on that… again?”

“Uh no no, I’d rather talk to you upstairs.”

“But-”
“Nope lets go” I picked her up.

“Put me down” she pounded… scratch that more like patted my chest.

I carried her into my room and closed the door behind us.
I placed her down and waited for her to face me.

“You two were together?” She faced me.

“Uh yeah at one point.”

“And you two did… it… together?”

“Uh she was actually my first.” I raked my hands through my long hair again

Layla made and exasperated gesture. “Of course. My luck.”

“What?”

“How can I compare to that?” She looked as if she was about to cry. Or hit me.

 I cupped her face in my hands. “Shhh no no no. You don’t have to compare to anything. Your mine. My present, my future. She’s the past. Our relationship was different. The one we have now you and I, this is what I want. Right here. You.” I kissed her gently.

She looked up at me through her lashes, “So you two didn’t do anything yesterday night?”

I faltered. She didn’t need to know what happened last night. It would only worry her. And besides it was nothing. “We didn’t do anything yesterday. I promise.” I kissed her, but I could still feel how tense she was.

“Come on baby, lighten up.” I teased. I tickled her sides until she begged me to stop. She crawled onto the bed trying to shield herself with pillows.