The Girl with Scarlet Wrists Chapter 27

Chapter 27:

Layla's POV:

I held my coffee close to me after telling Jane about the crazy hallucination.

She tapped her pen on her lips. "Well this is intresting, your recalling fear from your past and fear from your future, your mind is playing it out in what you remember from your past. A new form of insomnia."

She wrote some letters and numbers down in a sequence that I couldn't understand.

"Well, it's mostly up to you to get rid of those fears, we can run tests to see which region the fears are attacking but other than that it's nothing more that. So far. How's your memory?"

"Not the best. I'm starting to forget about my past adoptions, I can't remember their names or where I used to live."

Jane gave a dry laugh. "Not that it's a good thing, but is that really a bad thing?" She stuck her pen in her bun.

"How about your cutting?" She said it flat out.

Well... she was never one to beat around the bush.

 I sighed pulling up the sleeve that had Chase's name carved on it.

"Hmph. Figures." She scribbled something down in that caliugraphy handwritting of hers.

"Figures?"

"I knew that if you were still with that boy then you'd have a relapse."

"What do you mean?" I looked at her baffled.

"I mean that you shouldn't be with him." She put her pen down to straighten my pin.

"But I lov-"

"You think you do. Larissa your still only 17. I just think maybe you should have sometime apart. Just to see if it's better that way." 

"But what if...if... what if that makes me cut again?"

"Then your free to do as you please..... with protection." She added eyeing me hastily. 

A blush crept to my cheeks, just as a creek on the stairs it snapped our attention to Chase coming nonchalantly down the stairs.

"Jane?"

"I can't say it's been a pleasure." She said without turning to see him. "I'll give you too a minute." She looked directly at me, before promptly exiting onto the terrace.

She wanted me to do it NOW? Is this broad crazy?

"What's she talking about, is there something we need to discuss?" He grabbed the orange juice out of the fridge.

"Well we thought..." I swallowed hard. 

"That uh..."

"Yeah you thought what? You memory isn't that bad Layla."

"Who's Layla?"

He almost dropped his cup looking at me.

"I'm kidding." I laughed nervously.

"Oh geesh don't do that." He planted a kiss on me.

Out side of the door I could hear Jane clearing her throat.

Dammit Jane give me a minute.

"Well I was just saying that-" There was a honk outside. Thank God. Saved by the limo. 

"Ohp! Well I have to run but we'll finish this later!" I kissed his cheek racing upstairs to get dressed.

"Layla we're not done!" He raced after me.

I started stripping down and finding clothes in my closet. 

"Tell me while you dress then." He crossed his arms in the door way.

I looked at him while trying to pull a shirt over my head. My eyes were glued to his magnificent body. "Well can't you like put a shirt on first?" I pulled it over my head, running to get my dress pants.

"Well Jane and I were talking about my uh...er.... condition and yeah. Well she said some stuff and I you know replied.... and yeah..." I kept babbling while bouncing on one foot trying to put on the other pump.

I ran all over the room getting creamy foundation powder all over the floor.

I almost snuck by him when he stopped me by my shoulders. 

I swallowed hard not wanting to look him in the eyes.

He tilted my chin up waiting while taking something from his pocket.

"You forgot this in the hospital." He pinned the gold Uhbevc pin onto my jacket.

"Oh yeah... uh thanks and bye!" I tried to squeeze by but Chase stopped me again.

"Really Layla."

I took a deep breath.

"I think that we should spend some time apart so that I don't relapse....again."

He opened his mouth to say something, but then shut it. "Fine."  He slammed the door in my face.

.................

I let out the breath I'd been holding, and straightened my jacket.

I walked out of the house with a single tear rolling down my cheek....

************************************

Thanks for reading please comment/vote/fan babes <3 Love yah!

Do you think she made the right desicion?byeeeessss

Leave your thoughts below  ↓.

~Jaynet_Stewart