The Girl with Scarlet Wrists Chapter 10

Chapter 10:

Chase’s point of view:

I finally had her back within my grasp and I let her go.
How  could I be so stupid?

And that Kara girl packs a punch. I’ll be felling this for a while.

If I were still the player-ish me I would say she was pretty hot, and probably hook-up with her sometime, but now I cant think of any other girl except Layla.

I sound like a mush ball but when she told me that she didn’t love me anymore, I died inside.

I found no reason to live.

I sat on the couch while Rachel brought me an ice pack.

She looked at me and shook her head. “You know you got what you deserved right? Messing around with that whore.” She scolded.

“Yeah I know. Hey bring me water, or I’ll have a hang over.”

“I should bring you to the pound to get neutered” She mumbled underneath her breath.

“What?”

“Nothing here’s you water.” She handed me a glass.

“Thanks.”

“Mhmm. Now you need to go find Layla apologize and try not to get beat up again.”
“Will do.”
The phone rang and she walked out of the room.

I flicked through the T.V channels, finding nothing to watch.

Rachel came back in the room with the phone in her hand.
“It’s for you.”

I took the phone and hesitantly spoke into it.

“Layla?”

“No dipnut its Amanda. Are you still obsessing over that chick. She’s a cracked nut yah know!”

I took a deep breath, remembering my sister is in the house.

“If I were you I’d shut up and tell me what you want already? I don’t have drugs for you so what do you want.”

“I don’t need drugs Chase, I was wondering if I could stay in your guest bedroom like old times. The step dad is drunk again and he’s beating everyone within arms reach.”

I winced. This isn’t the first time this has happened to her.
“Like old times Amanda?”

“Yeah you know like old times baby.” She giggled. She was definitely high right now.

“Amanda old times was just having sex, this wont be like old times....You can stay but no drugs, no alcohol, no creeps you bring home from who knows where.”

“Sure thing Chase, see yah in a few.”

I hung up. Geesh that girl is like a sister to me but she really needs to straighten out.
Now to go find Layla.
*******************************************************

Layla’s point of view:

Kara and Sammy hung out in my room. We planned to have a sleep over.

And Kara dyed my hair and eyebrows a dark brown. Haha. Marissa nearly had a heart attack. I warned her a few days in advanced. Or did I forget to do that?

I have to admit the dark brown chocolaty color looks pretty damn good. Good enough to eat. The girl in the mirror held a secret smile.

And I took all the scene style out of my hair and just straightened it flat down.