The Girl with Scarlet Wrists Chapter 29

Chapter 29:

Chase's POV:

"How could you?" I questioned her.

She made Layla give up on me.

"You're not good for her Chase. You know that."

"I payed you everything from that night let it go!" I whispered to her. Regarding the eyes in the coffee shop.

"Wasn't it you who implored my help for your girlfriend." She raised a perfect eyebrow.

"Listen Jane, whatever was done it's over. Especially our past. We're through we've been for a long time." I sat back in my seat.

"I'm not doing this out of jealousy, I have no preference for you, I'm simply keeping Larissa from making the same mistake I did 3 years ago." She fixed her high red haired bun.

"You used to have prefrence for me."

"That was a long time ago, a mistake I will not implore again." She glared at me.

"What ever we're done with, I payed my dues and this conversation like our relationship is over." I got up and started towards the door.

"If you go back to her I will give her the full story without leaving anything out." She said focusing on the sudoku problems on her newspaper.

"You wouldn't dare."

"We both know I would Chase."

"It was three years ago, why can't you let it go Jane?" I got in her face frustrated.

"Because I won't let someone else ruin their life with you. Do you notice how many times your the one apologizing to her?"

She had a point.

 "This isn't over." I promised stalking away.

"Of course not."

************************************

Layla's POV:

I woke up on the couch propped up by tons of pillows. 

How the hell did I get from the floor to here?

Magic. I looked up to see Chase sitting in a chair by the flower place.

Let's go with magic.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be on a plane back to Cali by now? You hate me because I dumped you."

"Yeah hump and dump." There was a smirk on his lips.

"I did not!" I rasped coughing.

"I know." I was glad to see some humor back in his eyes.

"Drink." He gestured towards the hot tea sitting on the end table.

Accepted gratefully. "Soo what are you doing here?" I repeated a little impatient. Damn boy.

"I had to get to you before Jane told you false information."

"What are you-?"

"I'm" He interrupted.

"He's a gigolo." Jane answered entering the door then sitting across from me. How can she be so silent with six inch pumps?

"A what?" I asked baffled.

Chase opened his mouth to answer but she cut him off before he could. "He sleeps with older women in order to obtain money, food, clothing. The basics." She said simply as if she were talking about the weather.

"Just girls or women too?" I remembered asking him that in the car once. How many people he's dated.

I was utterly repulsed that he would use women for that. "Do you have another excuse, did some one roofie your beer now? DID SOME WOMAN CRAWL ONTO YOUR LAP AND BEG FOR YOU TO SATISFY HER NEEDS HUH?" I got in his face.

He didn't answer, he just stared into my eyes.

"ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION!" I slapped him hard enough to whip his face to one side.

................

"I thought so. That's what the tattoo was? It was the name of that woman wasn't it, that's why you wouldn't show it to me. Your pathetic you wanted only one thing from me all along. And now you got it, so be on your way. " I spat at him.

"Layla I-"

"Who was it?" I cut him off.

"What?"

"Who. Was. The. Woman?"

His eyes turned black as he looked at Jane. "It was J-"

"Chase I think it's time for you to leave, Larissa has a long day tommorow and she needs her rest." Jane said cutting him off by openeing the door.

Chase sighed and  ignored her like he was contemplating something and looked down on me. "Be safe. I love you." He kissed my forhead.

I didn't even look at him until he passed my periferals. 

The last memory I would have of him would be him walking out of that door.

Out of my life.

It's never felt so good to be so far away from him.

****************************

Chase's POV: 

Checking my luggage in at the airport some european blond chick coincidentally has a flight to Cali just like me.

Slender, foriengly beautiful, with all the qualites of a model.

Love didn't go well for me at all, and tommorow morning when my sense comes back through all the numbness in my heart it will hurt so bad I'll want to kill my self, but for now i'm going to go back to what I do best, and this blond is my taxi ticket to playerville.

"Well how about we board together, and when we land I'll give you a first class tour of the best place in Cali. What's your name." I said touching her hair seductively.

"I'm Stephanie and that tour would be fabulous." She purred her european accent adorning her words in a sexy way.

Tommorow I would think about how Layla would always have a place in my heart, but right now Stephanie has a special place in my bed.

******************************************

Thanks for reading :D I'm probably going to upload in a few minutes, gotta kill these chapters quick! Ladies and Gentleman Chase has left the building....for good! Shady what he did right! Leave you thoughts and votes pleasee!!!! Watty awards is a coming!

Love you,

~Jaynet_Stewart