The Girl with Scarlet Wrists Chapter 6

Chapter 6:
“Will you go with me?” I asked  “Of course I will.” Chase said kissing me deep and passionately on the lips. The woman with red-gold hair returned to bring me the water I asked for. She had something in a silver cloth. I drank the water as she smiled pulling what ever she had in the cloth out. It was a dagger encrusted with a black serpent on the handle. “Chase?” she called out to him, the Russian accent slurring over his name. “Yes Olivia?”  he turned around and she thrust the dagger into his stomach. He crumpled and fell to the ground, as screamed. She pulled the dagger out and wiped it on my hand before putting it back in the cloth. I had Chases blood. On me. I knelt to the ground sobbing over his body as she fled before the guards came. His green eyes flitted shut, and his heartbeat was silent forever. The only sound in the room was my heart-wrenching sobs.
************
I woke up shivering in cold sweat. I quickly padded over to the bathroom and took a shower. I glanced at the clock. 5 am. Pretty early for a Saturday. Maybe Chase was up. After putting on sweats and a Adida’s purple hoodie I texted him.

L : “Player, you up?”
It was only a minute before his text buzzed back, and I smiled at my I phone.

C : “Well I am now. Watcha‘ need sweet cheeks?”

I must have like every nickname ever invented to him.

L : “Well, want to go catch a movie later?” I was super nervous waiting for him to text back.

C: “Sure, but in the meantime make sure your dressed I’m taking you somewhere before the movie.”
Alright… I’m a little scared about what he has in mind.

L: “Kay’ see yah later.”

I threw the phone on my bed and rushed over to the closet. I picked out a jade colored top and black skinnies. I jumped in the shower and teased my hair. 

 I slipped on a black North face jacket and zipped it until only a small triangle of jade was showing from the top.

I was checking my outfit in the full length mirror when there was a sharp tap at my window. I turned around to see Chase at my window his Emerald eyes shining as he took my outfit in.

I let him in. How the hell did he climb two stories?

When I peaked over I noticed there was a little emergency latter. Of course. “You look… beautiful Layla.” he said smiling.

I felt my cheeks heat up, “You know you could have just came to the front door. Nobody’s home right now.” I laughed. He raised an eyebrow at me.

“I'm one for dramatic entrances."

"I can see that."I laughed

Oh you think that’s funny huh? Alright well see what’s funny now.” I looked at him confused but he swooped me up and pulled me onto his back.  He twirled around making me dizzy. I couldn’t stop laughing, nor could I breath.

 “Stopppp…..  I.CANT.BREATHE!” I burst out laughing. He stopped spinning and dropped me on the bed.

“Okay so I did a little research and phoned the adoption agency and they told me your favorite musical was Hairspray so…”

 He waved two rainbow tickets. And just as promptly I screamed. “Oh my oh my my oh my god, I haven’t seen Hairspray in forever, THANK YOU SO MUCH!” I jumped into his arms kissing him.

“Geez, If I’d known you’d react like this I would have worn less clothes.” He waggled his eyebrows.

I hit him on the arm and lead him towards the door. We got into the car and I started humming tunes from the audiobook.

“Shush with the tunes you’ll give it all away.”
“You’ve never seen Hairspray before?” I asked dumbfounded. He must not get out much. Of his bed that is.
“Do I look like I’d ever watch that?” He had a point.

My anticipation rose as we drove up to the theater.
That’s when I got a call.....

Memory 6 on my wrist - Camille is dead.

Thanks for reading :D Comment/Vote/Fan.

~Jaynet_Stewart