Maddie

A/n: I will be starting the first few chapters kind of dark. Not on purpose, but because it builds up to the story. Each chapter goes in order: Maddie, Mackenzie, Chloe, Kendall, Brooke, Paige, Nia.

"Girls! I'm stopping at the gas station. I'll be back in 20 minutes." My mom said out the back door. Me and Mackenzie were in the backyard doing anything we could do. We had music playing loud. We had sweaters laying on a tree branch. Three hula-hoops out. We had absolutely no clue what we were doing, we were outside to be outside. The only thing worrying me was that Mackenzie had asked to sit down quite a few times saying she had a headache. I thought it was just dehydration, it was a hot Sunday and we had small water bottles.

At this point we were just showing each other our acro tricks, because we can. I did a backhand spring. "Ooh, let me try." Kenzie said when I landed perfectly. She did a beautiful one. "Yes Kenz!" I yelled. She took a step. And then time froze.

After realizing what just happened, I ran inside. I grabbed my phone off the counter and called 911. After that I called my mom.

"Maddie?" I heard my mom call. Kenzie was up, but she was weak. "Mackenzie!" My mom ran to us. "Mom!" Mackenzie yelled. Mom knelt down and hugged her. That's when we heard the siren.

The people with the ambulance came out and then looked a little confused. My mom went up to meet them. "Hello, what's your problem?" One of the people said. My mom started explaining. I walked over to Kenzie. "Hey Kenz. We are going to go to the hospital, they are gonna check you out, and then we will come home and have a good night, ok?" I said. She looked up at me. I hugged her. The stretcher came over and picked her up.

I ran inside and grabbed Mackenzie's favorite stuff animal off her bed. I made it out just in time to hop into the ambulance with my mom.

Once we got to the hospital, I was forced to wait outside. After about two hours, my mom finally let me come in. "Hey Kenz. How are you feeling?" I asked. "I'm okay. Just a little dizzy. And I have a headache." She scooted of and I jumped into the hospital bed with her. "Listen, Kelly is going to come pick you up and bring you to the house. You're gonna pack a bag for the weekend then she's gonna drive you to her house and you will stay with the Hylands until Mackenzie is out of here, ok?" Mom asked. I nodded. "You have your key right?" She said. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and opened the pocket in my phone case. It was one of those wallet phone cases. I checked for my house key then sticked my thumb up. I put my phone back in my pocket. I cuddled Kenzie until Kelly got here.

I waved to my mom from the front seat of Kelly's car. As soon as my mom went back into the hospital I slammed my head into the back of the seat. It took about 30 minutes to get to my house, and there was absolutely no noise other than the quiet music playing from the radio.