Chloe

"Yes mom, I'll watch Clara tonight." I rolled my eyes as my mom asked for the third night this week. She's been having a lot of job interviews, which I was of course happy about. The only problem is I've had a seven year old a lot lately. And it means I'll probably have to do it a lot more. "Thanks so much Chlo-bird! I'll leave at 6:00, be back at 8:00. Could you cover dinner?" She screamed from the bathroom while doing her makeup. "Oh my god, I said yes mom!" I yelled.

I sat down on my couch and pulled up instagram. I checked my best friends post. It was a picture of her and her two siblings at the beach. Her brother Josh looked hot like always, but he was shirtless in the picture, which sent shivers down my spine. My best friend and her sister, Brooke and Paige, looked gorgeous in their bikinis and messy ponytails. My eyes strayed down to their stomachs. They looked so tiny. I felt myself looking down at my own stomach. I was wearing a crop top, and I could see a stomach roll. I straightened my back and threw my phone down. I put my head in my hands and threw it back.

"Chloe? Can you make dinner?" Clara said and looked over at me. We were watching TV. "Sure Clara." I checked my phone. It was 7:00, a lot later than we normally had dinner. I really let Clara pick when she got hungry when I'm watching her though. I got up and pulled a box of mac n' cheese out of the cabinet. "Can I help you cook?" Clara asked jumping off the couch and running over to the kitchen. "Sure Clare. Grab the small pot from down there." I said pointing to a cabinet.

I scooped a plate of pasta and handed it to Clara. "And that, is how you make mac n' cheese." She grabs her fork and happily digs in. "Are you going to eat any?" Clara asks. I give her a small laugh. "I'm not very hungry right now. I'll eat later."

I heard a knock on my door. It was the morning, and I was doing my makeup for school. "Come in," I called as I put my makeup away. "It's time for breakfast." My mom said. "I'm not very hungry this morning. I'm just gonna start walking to school." I said as I sat on my bed and started putting on socks. "Are you feeling okay? You always eat breakfast." She said. "I'm fine mom." I said, rolling my eyes. "Okay. Well, I'm gonna go get Clara. I love you. See you later." She said giving me a hug. "Love you to."