Nia

Stories always end. Did I ever think our story was going to end? No. Did I have the biggest meaning in the story? Hell no. Do I think I'm an important character? Totally, I thought.

"Nia, let's go. You need to get ready for dance." My mom said dragging me out of my thoughts.
"Yeah. Sorry." I said quietly. I walked into the house and headed up to my bedroom. I quickly changed into my dance clothes. I grabbed my dance bag after braiding my hair. I threw a sweatshirt on over my dance clothes and got back in the car.

"Two days until competition! Are you guys nervous? This is the first competition of the season, Nationals was a clean sweep." Abby yelled as we were stretching. "I have a lot of dances this week, I have two dancers who are only in the group. That's big." Abby continued. I looked at Brooke and Kendall. "Maddie and Gino, I'm running your duet, Chloe you are with Gianna in B, then we will do the group dance." She never mentioned mine or Paige's solos. But we had a lot of time Monday, so I was okay with it.

"Paige, I'm so happy you have a solo." Kendall said. Kendall was happy because Paige didn't have many solos. I could tell she was also sad that the solo wasn't hers. "Thanks Kendall."  Paige said quietly. "I'm doing a jazz routine. The theme is sexy blonde, and the idea is 'Legally Blonde'". Paige laughed. "Mine is a musical theater." I said.

Of all things, cliffhangers ate the worst. You realize you are getting to a good part, then the words end at the middle of the page and you need to flip it. Or you are busy and need to wait to read it. But where are the cliffhangers in real life? I thought. Those were the last thoughts to cross my mind before I fell asleep.

When I woke up in the morning I realized it was the last day to competition. I basically had the dance day off after I ran my solo and did my part in the group dance.

I got up and got ready for school. I got on my bus. I went through the school day. I got back on the bus. I got home and got ready for dance. I sat down in my mom's car. I got out and walked into the building. I started stretching with my friends. The day had gone by so fast. I don't understand. Life can go fast, but in the moment it feels so slow.

"Congrats Nia! You have reached solo perfection. I hope you do amazing this weekend." Abby yelled as I took the last turn in my solo. I was happy, I didn't want to get in between Chloe and Paige. The division separated 15 and 16, so I was only going against Chloe. That meant I had a good chance if my solo was perfect.