Kendall

Maybe Trigger ⚠️

I slammed the door of my moms car and waved. It was my first day back to school after spring break. The day flew by fast. It was now time for lunch. I got to my table after buying my lunch. I was waiting for one of my closest friends, Mackenzie. I hadn't seen her since my birthday sleepover last week. After about 10 minutes, I decided to text her. After no response, I decided to call her. That didn't work either. Then I remembered that her sister was in lunch right now, up in the high school. I decided to call her. "Hey Kendall, what's up?" She said. I couldn't tell if the loud sounds of crowd came from my end or hers. "Hey, I've been waiting for Kenzie for like, 15 minutes, do you know where she is?" I asked. "Uh, hold on," She started, "She isn't coming to school today. If you want, do you wanna come over to the Hylands house later? Chloe and Nia said yea to." She said. "Sure." I said. I hung up. I finished my lunch. I had other friends, but I felt kind of lonely. Mackenzie and I talked during lunch every day, about dance, or just home.

I looked out my bus window to see if I was almost at my house. The bus came to a stop and I threw my backpack on my shoulder. "Bye Kendall!" A bunch of boys started yelling from the back. They enjoy teasing me. Every. Single. Day. I rolled my eyes as I stomped down my driveway. I pulled my house key out of my pocket and went inside. I threw my backpack on the ground and went to my room. I jumped straight onto my bed and started crying. I can't take the bullying. And my best friend wasn't even at school to be there for me today. I looked over at my desk. I was about to get up and grab something, but I got distracted by my phone.

"Kendall, what's wrong, are you okay?" Maddie asked as soon as I picked up her FaceTime. "Yeah, I'm good." I say as I wipe my cheeks. "Okay," She starts, unsure. "Are you still coming over to the Hylands tonight?" She asked. "Oh right, I totally forgot. But yeah, I'll come right over." I hang up and get off my bed. As I'm crossing my room to get to my bathroom, I trip over my chair. That is probably because I couldn't see because of how many tears there were in my eyes.

As I got up I saw something silver out of the corner of my eye. I looked at the lock on my jewelry box. I opened it, and there I saw my knife. I picked it up slowly, trying to tell myself not to. I quickly pulled up my shirt and slit the knife over my rib. It was a bigger, deeper cut then normal. I screamed out in pain. I threw the knife down and ran to my bathroom. I grabbed a towel and rinsed it under cold water. I held it hard against the scratch.