Nia

I woke up to my alarm. I knew today was something big, but I couldn't remember what.
I got out of bed and took a quick shower. I put on a mint green strapless shirt and white ripped jean shorts. I grabbed my black converse from my closet and went downstairs.

"Last day of Sophomore Year!" My mom screamed when I walked into the dining room. "Really?!" She nodded. I screamed and started jumping up and down.

"Chloe!" I screamed. We lived fairly close to each other, and we rode the same bus. "Hey Nia!" She said, sitting down. "I'm so happy today's a half day. And we're going outside! By the way, I love your dress," I ranted. "Since we have the same homeroom, we basically get to hang out the whole day. And then we have dance of course. Oh my god, I'm so happy-" Chloe interrupted me. "Slow down Nia, you're gonna give me a headache. I'm already not feeling great." Chloe said. "Why?" I asked. "I dunno, I'm just not."

"Last day of school! Time for attendance." Mr. Jackson said as the morning bell rang. "After attendance, we're gonna go outside. We come back in at 10:20, ten minutes before school lets out. We are going to meet at the left baseball field and come inside as a class." Mr. Jackson told the class. I wasn't really paying attention though. I was to busy staring into the back of my crush's head.

"Hey, can I hang out with you tonight? Maybe we could go for dinner." Paige said. "Yeah sure. Should we invite the whole group?" I asked. "Sure. And who are you looking at?" Paige elbowed me. "Jacob," I pointed towards my crush. He was playing basketball with his friends. "He's so cute." I said. "Ooh, Nia has a crush!" Brooke yelled, coming up behind us.

"What about you Ms. Graduate? And don't think I don't know what you and Brandon did last weekend." Paige said. "Um, what did you do?" I asked. "She had sex with him." Paige stated. "No I didn't, shut up you stupid little rat!" Brooke yelled as she covered Paige's mouth. She laughed and pointed behind Brooke. "Here comes your toy. Bye Brookey!" Paige yelled and dragged me away.

"You are talking to Jacob." Paige said. "No!" I yelled at her. We walked over right as he finished his game. "Hey Nia." He said, walking over to me. "Hey." I mumbled. "What are you doing later?" He asked. "I don't know. I have dance after school. Why?" I told him. "I was thinking maybe you wanted to go to dinner or something?" I looked at Paige. She nodded. "Yeah, sure. Text me." I mumbled. "Kay, I will."

We walked away. I screamed as soon as we were out of earshot. "I'm going on a date with my crush!" Paige punched me hard. "I'm so happy for you."

"Hey guys!" Maddie said. She and Chloe came up right behind us. "Nia just got a date!" Paige yelled. I punched her. "Nice. Don't forget the visit after dance though." Maddie said. After dance today, we were going to go visit Mackenzie during her chemo. "I won't. Oh, Chloe, wanna get off at my stop today?" I asked. "Sure." She said quietly.