Chloe

After dance I went home with Paige, Maddie, and Brooke. We were gonna carpool to the hospital. We changed out of our dance clothes and put on our day clothes.

We all smushed into the car. Brooke was up front, while Paige and Maddie were in the back with me. Paige and I were very far into a conversation only a few minutes into the drive, and Brooke was commenting every now and then. Maddie was dead silent though.

"You good?" I whispered to her. She nodded. "Nervous?" She nodded again. "It's my first time seeing Kenz in two weeks . I miss her but I'm also kinda scared." I wrapped my arm over her shoulder. I had probably didn't know how she felt, but it sounds similar to how I felt when my mom had Clara.

We got out of the car and started walking to the hospital. We took the short walk up to the room we were told Mackenzie was in.

"Maddie!" Mackenzie screamed as soon as we walked through the door. Maddie ran over to hig her. "Kenzie!"

I took a second to look around the room. There were magazines about different health things, a couple board games, and two chairs for patients to hook up to their chemo. "I'm so happy to see you guys." Mackenzie said. "We are so excited. School was so lonely without you!" Kendall laughed. "I bet." Mackenzie said. I could tell Maddie wanted to say something. I elbowed her. She looked at me and I elbowed her again. "I've been staying with the Hylands." She mumbled. I reached over to grab her hand.

A few hours later I was up in my room practicing my solo. I continued to miss steps, and the competition was tomorrow. I practiced the spins and steps and leaps until I couldn't feel my body, I was dizzy from spinning so much. That was a bad idea, I thought. I sat down on my bed to catch my breath and let the world stop spinning. I took a few sips of water. I closed my eyes and put my head between my knees. Nothing helped.

I got up and ran to the bathroom. I didn't even think about it, but I slid down and threw my head over the toilet.

"Chloe, make sure you're asleep by 10:00, there's a competition tomorrow." My mom yelled. I cleared my throat then responded. "Kay. Love you." I moved to sit against the wall. "Love you too Chlo." My mom screamed.

I put my head on my knees. I had no clue what to do. I grabbed my phone from my counter and made sure I had an alarm set for tomorrow. I put on some music and decided to take a quick shower.

I was trying to think why I puked. I started to feel better after my shower.

Probably because I haven't eaten in 36 hours, I thought. I eent downstairs and grabbed a cup of peanut butter and an apple.