Maddie

"I'm so excited! And then we get dance early and then we get to see Kenz!" I jumped up and down on Paige's bed. "Mads, calm down!" Paige yelled. "Sorry! I'm just so excited!" I screamed for the thousandth time. I did a silly dance and started singing. "Oh my gods." Paige laughed. "Breakfast!" Kelly screamed from downstairs.

Paige and I ran downstairs. I sat down next to Josh, Paige on the other side of me. "Last day of school!" Kelly screamed. "And Maddie, I was talking to your mom last night, since it's summer and she doesn't need to help out around the house as much, and Mackenzie is doing good, you can go home." I looked at Paige. We've been having so much fun together, and we're closer than we've ever been. Every night is like a sleepover. And I'm also closer to Brooke to. "Okay." I mumbled.

When I got to school, I saw none of my friends until I went outside. The first person I saw was Gino. I ran up behind and jumped on his back. "What the - Maddie?" He screamed. "Hi." I said, getting off. "Oh, are you coming to see Kenz later?" I asked. "If you want me to." I nodded. "I do." He gave me a hug. "Thank you." I said, my words stifled by his shoulder. "You're welcome." He set his chin on my head.

"Okay. I'll see you later. Ima go play kickball." Gino said, letting go of me. "Bye." I started to walk around in a circle, bored and not knowing where my friends were. "Hey Mads!" Chloe said. "Chloe!" I screamed. "Hey. Do you want to go get a snack and sit down?" Chloe asked. "Sure."

After getting donuts, we sat down by a window. "Maddie, look at this." Chloe said, pulling out her phone. "It's another picture." She pushed her phone into my face. "Gino and me? That was ten minutes ago!" I yelled. "Ugh, and look. The username changed to 'TheSchoolTea'." Chloe groaned. "That's the sixth one!" I yelled. "Well, is there anything happening between you two?" Chloe asked. "No, he's just a friend." Chloe elbowed me. "A friend that you are extremely touchy with, your best friend, and the kid you have lived down the street from since you were 6." I shook my head. "I don't like him." I said again.

I got into dance and started getting ready.
"Maddie? Come in here." Ms. Abby said. I got up after slipping my flip flops off. "Yeah?" I asked, opening the door of Studio C. "I want to talk about your solo." I nodded and sat down against the mirror. "You've already learned it, you're all prepared, but I was thinking I'll move it to next week. You've been out of it lately, I think you should just do the group and trio." Abby said. "No!" I yelled. "To late. I already pulled it. You're doing it next week." I got up and left the studio, not wanting Abby to see me cry.

As I walked into the den, I felt a tear roll down my cheek. Brooke looked at me concerned."You good Mads?" I nodded and wiped my tears away. "Okay." Brooke said, unconvinced.

"Run it one more time and you're free to go. I want a clean sweep this weekend!" I thought about pyramid Monday.

*Flashback to Monday*
"Welcome in girls! Line up!" Abby yelled as we walked into Studio A. "Pyramid. So, on the bottom we have Brooke. You were great in the group, but there wasn't much to judge you on. Next, Kendall. Same as Brooke. Then we have Paige. You never did your solo! What happened? Well, you got freaked out watching your friends. You were scared because your friends are beautiful dancers. Don't watch others, and if you do, learn from their mistakes!" Abby started screaming. Paige let a few tears roll down her cheek. I was standing next to Paige, and I could hear her breathing heavily. I grabbed her hand and squeezed. She squeezed equally as tight.

"Back to pyramid. Chloe, second place. Third place on the pyramid. Nice solo, nice in the group. I have nothing else to say to you." The only two people left were Nia and I. "We're taking a vote. Raise your hand if you think Maddie's on top." Abby said. Everyone raised their hand. Even Nia, but she started laughing. "Well, lets see," Without bothering to uncover second, she ripped the paper off of the top of the pyramid. Everyone screamed. "Good job Nia, you beat Chloe! First place, you damced beautifully, you gave me some trouble in class, but as soon as you got on stage you applied every single correction. I felt emotional during your solo. I haven't felt that for you in years, I'm very proud." Nia went to go hug Abby. "And Maddie is in second, amazing solo. They are one of the hardest types of dance. Congrats."