Maddie

"Paige, who do you like?" Brooke asked as everyone got out of the car. We walked up to the building selling ice cream. "I don't like anyone." Paige said. We heard a phone buzz, and everyone started checking their phones. "It's me," I called. I looked at who was calling me, it was Gino. I rolled my eyes and put my phone back in my pocket. "You aren't gonna answer it?" Josh asked? "No, I'll call him back later." I said. Paige raised her eyebrows. "Him?" I shook my head. "It's just Gino." I said.

"What would you guys like?" The server asked us. We all took turns ordering our favorite ice creams. I got cookie dough with chocolate sprinkles and fudge. After ordering we sat down and waited for our order.

"Why are you ignoring Gino?" Paige whispered to me when we sat down. "I'm not ignoring him. I'm just not answering him and not seeing him in school." I stated. "That's ignoring. He's your best friend, he's just trying to be there for you." Paige said. "What if I don't want him there for me? I don't want another person to pity me or my sister." I mumbled. "He doesn't know about that. He's getting worried that he hasn't talked to you since Saturday night." Paige said. "He can speak for himself!" I said loudly. She looked at me and I could see hurt in her eyes. "I talked to him last night, he asked if I knew why you were avoiding him, I said no so he asked if I would talk to you!" She yelled back.

"You!" Was the first thing I heard when I walked into school the next morning. I knew exactly who's voice it was. "Hi Gino." I said. "Why haven't you been answering me?" He asked immediately. "I don't know." I said softly. "Are you okay?" He asked. I shook my head lightly. He walked with me to my locker, which was in a quiet corner thankfully. "You can tell me. I'm always here." He said. He grabbed my arm. "It's a lot going on right now." I pulled my arm away and pushed my backpack into my locker. "Is it Mackenzie?" He asked. "How do you know about that?" I whispered-yelled. "I over heard Chloe and Paige talking about it at dance yesterday. Is that why you didn't go to dance?" He said. I nodded. Gino pulled me into a hug and put his head on top of mine. "Thank you." I whispered. I was glad I had the support of my best friend.

I grabbed my dance bag from Paige's closet and went outside. I put the bag in Kelly's trunk and got in next to Brooke.