Brooke

"Dinner!" My mom called from downstairs. I left my room and went to the dining room. "Are you guys excited for dance tomorrow?" She asked as she handed everyone their plates. We all nodded. "Wait, I don't have dance." Josh said. We all laughed. "I have a confession to make. I think I like Chloe." Josh said when everyone was sitting down. Paige froze instantly, and Maddie started hitting her hands on the table. "Oh my god, you guys would be so cute!" Maddie yelled. "Brooke? How would you feel to not be the first in a relationship?" Josh said in a mocking tone. "Well, about that," I said. Josh raised his eyebrows and Maddie started slapping the table again. "I'm dating Brandon." I said. "Pent?!" Maddie screamed. I nodded. "Who?" Josh said. "Brandon Pent. Everyone suspected they liked each other a few years ago, and they got so many duets when they were younger and had so much chemistry. We've been shipping you guys for 6 years!" I whipped my head around to look at Maddie. "Actually?" There is no way. I've been dating Brandon secretly for 6 months. Maybe they've known all along. "Mhm." Maddie cooed.

"Paige? What do you think of me liking Chloe?" Josh said. Paige hadn't said a word, hadn't eaten anything since Josh said that he liked her. "I mean, I'm happy for you, you should ask her out." Paige muttered.

"Mads, do you still like Nick?" Paige asked. Maddie instantly went red. "I never liked Nick!" She yelled. "You've like Nick forever." Paige said. "Nick Dobbs? As in Nick Dobbs who is 4 years older than you?" I said. "I mean, you are 4 years older than me, you are one of my best friends. You are even closer to my sister, who is 6 years younger than you." Everyone but Maddie flinched at the mention of Mackenzie. After realizing what she said, Maddie looked down. She started playing with her food half-minded. "Sorry." She said quietly. Paige threw an arm around her.

"Actually though, are you ever gonna make a move on Nick?" Paige asked. "No, he's way older than me." Maddie said. "You just said age doesn't matter. And for the record, I catch him staring at you. Every time he comes in to do a dance with us, he whispers something like, 'Did Maddie get prettier or is it just me?' or, 'Wow, Maddie is so beautiful'." I said. Maddie's whole face turned red. Even her ears. "I think he might ask you out soon. We were hanging out in the den while you were working on your solo before break and he said he thinks he likes you." I said. Then I regretted it, because I was sharing a friend's private information. But how else was I going to get Maddie to ask him out and make that friend even happier? "Maybe I will soon. I just don't know. I do have a lot going on right now though. I guess we'll see."