Kendall

Bring, bring, bring

I reached over and wacked my alarm. Why do I have an alarm on Saturday? I asked myself. It's the first day of summer!

I got up and checked my calendar. Competition. I grabbed a tank top and sweat pants and took a quick shower.

"Hey mom." I said. "Hi Ken. We need to be at the studio at 9:00." I nodded and sat down at the table.

I quickly ate my breakfast than ran upstairs to grab my competition bag. It was full of my makeup, hair stuff, and entertainment.

We arrived at the studio a few minutes early, eager for the competition. The schedule was we start dancing at 9:00, go to lunch, and then it's an hour ride to the competition.

I was very excited, I had a trio with Maddie and Nia. It was called 'Young and Dumb'. It was about being in love, but we're young so we screw it up.

When everybody arrived, we started running dances. We did the group dance first, it's theme being the end of school. Then Brooke and Chloe ran their solos. Then we did the trio.

Trio rehearsal went horribly. Not because we did bad, miss Abby even siad that we were doing really good, one of the best trios she's choreographed in a while.

But I slipped at one point, and Abby must've been in a bad mood cause she freaked.

She yelled at us for ten minutes straight. I finally decided to try and say something. I raised my hand slowly and she glared at me. "Yes Kendall?" She asked reluctantly. "It's, um, 10:00. We need to get our costumes." I mumbled. She rolled her eyes. "Speak up! If you want to be successful, you need to be loud."

I nodded, and said, "It's time for fittings." She stood up and gave a gesture to go away. We all rushed out, not wanting to upset her more.

"Guys! Be good. She's on a rampage." Nia joked. "Ahh! We're all gonna die!" Chloe yelled.  The entire den burst out into laughter.

The door slammed, and we immediately shut up. "Why are we laughing? Let's go, let's go! We need our costumes." Abby yelled, walking right through the den and into the dressing room. We all chuckled a bit before following her.

The cool thing about my trio, Nia was featured. It's a super fun, jazzy routine, and the song is called 'Can't Blame a Girl For Trying'. It was supposed to look like Maddie and I were her two friends, we're at a sleepover, and Nia's telling us about her last experiences with boys. Maddie and I have matching purple nightgowns, and Nia has a pink sweat suit. The costumes fit perfectly. The only thing I was worried about was my scratch.

It had mostly gone away by now, but it was still visible. I had a feeling if Nia saw it she might rat me out to her mom, or mine. I grabbed a pair of tan tights from my dance bag. I stuffed them up my nightgown so nobody would see me with them, and then snuck into the bathroom to slip them on.