Chapter 12: Working Alone

I walk outside the front door and sit on the curb. Just thinking about life and what I have done in it. I am very proud of my life. I have played basketball and football, hunted and fished, and been in ROTC. All making my blood and extended family proud. I have been the piece of the puzzle holding everyone together, because I never wanted them to fall apart. I have fixed friendships and relationships. I have been the shoulder to cry on for a lot of my friends or even strangers who just needed someone and I seemed like a good person to talk to. I pulled out the cross necklace from under my shirt. My grandma gave this to me when I was 8 and said she will always be my guardian angel. She had died a month ago today. She raised me I miss her so much and Megz and Mary went with me to say my final goodbye.

I held the cross between my fingers.

"I love you nan. I might see you soon."

Its time to figure out where Amber and Mary went. I started thinking.

"Chance and I went up stairs foe 15 minutes and then came back down stairs to them missing. Where would it have taken them?"

"Who are you talking to Stefan?"

Only one person ever calls me that I knew who it was instantly. I can't get her involved in this I'm not letting her get hurt too.

"Hey Holley."

Holley and I met after I went beck to school after being gone for two and a half months. She's an amazing friend and always gives me a laugh when I need it most.

"What's wrong?"

"Just some stuff with some friends nothing you need to get drug in to."

"But maybe I want drug in to it. It doesn't look like anyone else is here to help you."

"Holley I..."

"No shut up I'm helping. Tell me what's going on." She said as she sat down beside me.

"Well we messed with a Ouija board..."

"You guys are stupid."

"Look I already figured that out just now Amber and Mary are missing and Chance is in there in his own house passed out because of this stupid thing that I said we shouldn't mess with in the first place."

"Ok calm down let me call Sierra."

"She doesn't need pulled into this."

"You didn't think I needed to either. Look we can help if you just let us."

"No I have already lost two friends."

"Well then you are short two people. Now I'm calling her stay here." She walked a few feet away to call her.

I have the worst feeling about this now. Why won't anyone listen to me and why do I keep opening my mouth?