Chapter 8

2 days later...

"Ari! Come down here I have some good news," my father shouted from the living room.

I rushed down the stairs and jumped down the last step in excitement.

"What's the good news! Did my All Time Low album come in the mail yet?" I asked.

"Better. We get to go up in the mountains for a vacation!"

I raised my eyebrows.

"But dad, isn't that a lot of money? How do you have enough?"

"I got my final monthly pay. I also took more shifts each chance I got which also raised my pay amount."

I nodded.

"When is this happening?" I ask.

"Next month," he says.
"we have to still plan out the cabin that we'll be staying in and what area and stuff like that. But other than that, I've got everything planned."

"So in other words, you're basically not finished planning let alone started?"

"Yup pretty much."

I giggled.

"Oh Harry called by the way. He wanted you to come over."

"Well that's my que to leave," I say walking to the door.

"Okay. By the way, are you two dating?"

"No dad ew!"

I closed the door behind me and walked over to Harry's. I wonder if we were going to do the Maya thing. Or plan it out more. Or maybe he just wants to hang out with me...nah it's gotta be the Maya thing.

I arrived to Harry's with a feeling that someone here isn't going to make me happy.

My feeling was correct. As soon as I knocked, nasty Susan opened the door. She looked so over tired. The makeup on her left eye was smudged down to the zit right below her dimples of her face. The lipstick was also stained onto her lips as she licked them both.

"Oh hello Reggie," she said in a moody voice.

"It's Ari," I corrected.
"Harry invited me here."

She mumbled something I couldn't understand, then she called Harry down.

He came running down the stairs with his phone and wallet in one hand.

"Hey Ari. Let's go up to my room," he pointed up the stairs.

I walked through the door way, pushing past Susan causing her to lunge back.

"Excuse you Tari," she said in a rude tone, blocking my way up the stairs.

"Don't talk to my friends like that," Harry said in an irritated voice.

"I'm sorry who are you? Are you the one in charge here? Or do I have to explain that I'm the adult here an-"

"If you're such a mature adult, act like one. Just don't talk to my friends like that. I will tell my dad. Then with good luck I'm hoping to find out that he decided to divorce your ass."

"Woah Harry." I say in shock.

Susan was boiling with anger now. She looked like one of those old cartoon bombs. The clock was ticking and she was just about to explode as soon as that timer went off. Harry's hatred and words were that sharp timer.

She clenched her fists.

"Don't you, EVER TALK TO ME LIKE THAT AGAIN!" She shouted.

"Then stop being such a damn bitch!" Harry cried out.

With that, Susan slowly raised her hand striked Harry across the face.

Oh fuck.