Chapter 22

(Harry's POV)

"I'll call you when I need you to pick me up. I probably won't even be that long anyway," I say, tapping my feet nervously on the carpet of the truck floor.

"Alright." He says.

I looked out the window.

From a distance I saw a girl sitting on a park bench alone. The wind flowing through her hair and the sparkle of her big beautiful eyes caught my attention. It was her.

My heart began to pound harder. More than it already was. The sight of her made me light up inside like the change of a bulb inside of a lamp.

My dad pulled into the parking lot.

"Remember, call me when I need to get you," he reminded.

"Okay." I said.

I waited until he drove away before I started to make my way over to Ari.

(Ari's POV)

I looked behind me.

I saw this man. This man had the perfect hair. Easy to run my hands through it had seemed. His beautiful cheek bones that were just right.

He was walking towards me.

That's when I realized, that man, it was Harry.

My palms began to sweat in nervousness. I didn't know what to do or how to even feel. Besides the nervous stage.

Should I be excited since he's here? Should I feel scared to what he might tell me? Should I be feeling weird and awkward?

I took a deep breath.

"Hey Ari," he said seriously, but flashed a smile.

"H- hi Harry," I say, pushing my hair behind my ear.

"Okay. What I'm about to tell you, just. Just p-please don't hate me. Because I know that it's been a long time since we had a full on conversation that wasn't awkward or weird. But this is the way I think it's meant to turn out. T- this is just the way I f-feel." He said.

He sat next me.

He looked down at his feet.

"This is maybe one of the hardest things I've ever tried to express to you besides all of my family drama and anger bullshit," he says once more.

I nod.

"Ariana."

I looked up into his eyes. Then they had met my glance. His eyes were glittering as he sighed.

"I don't think I can t-"

"Just go ahead Harry." I say.

Not breaking our eye glances, he turned straight to me. Face to face.

"Ari... I-I like y-you," he trailed off.

Oh my god.

Aunt Lori was actually right!

And I liked Harry and he liked me. But Austin and I are dating. I can't go to Harry because I also like Austin. Everything is coming up so fast and it's so hard to decide everything and think it through all at once.

"W-wow," I say.

I flashed a small grin.

"H-Harry can I um t-tell you something?" I asked.

"Mhm." He said.

"What if I told you that I-"

I couldn't help but smile.

He smiled as bright as the sun.

"That I maybe like you too..."

I played with my fingers.

I needed to tell him. Dating Austin or not. Because it's hard to keep something that personal and important to yourself. Well at least if you're like me.

He pushed his long wavy-ish hair back.

"Then I would be very...very happy," he said grabbing my hand.

I smiled.

From the way I was feeling right now, I know that it was really him. He was the one that I call love.

"So now what do we do? What are we?" He asked.

"I dunno," I say, smiling my heart out as I focused on his perfect eyes.

"We could do this."

With that, Harry grabbed me and pulled me in to a kiss.

It felt so wrong yet so right.

I felt that I was safer and more cared for with Harry. Like, why did I like Austin? He maybe a lot like me but someone like him can't possibly be so nice and caring.

Come to think of it, something told me he was no good. Maybe he was up to something. About us...about me.

The trail of thought had slipped my mind when Harry pulled away.

He seemed a little concerned.

"Ari you look...worried. Are you okay love?" He had asked.

I faked a smile and nodded.

"Hey I have a question for you," he asked once again.

I nodded.

"Have you ever been so in love that if you knew the person, the one for you, was broken, you'd feel just as bad they do?"

That played inside of my mind for a little while.

Maybe Austin wasn't a bad guy what the hell was I thinking? What he just really did like me?

But that sentence made me wonder.

If I broke up with Austin, he'd be broken. It would make me feel worse for breaking him...

Why is this all so hard?

I wish I had a second chance at love. At everything.