Chapter 26

HEY GUYS I'M SO SORRY IT TAKES A FEW DAYS OR EVEN SOMETIMES A WEEK TO PUBLISH A NEW CHAPTER. IT TAKES A LONG TIME TO WRITE 1,100 WORDS A CHAPTER AND I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND. BUT KEEP CHECKING IN TO SEE IF I UPDATED. OKAY ENJOY X

(Harry's POV)

My jaw dropped.

Aunt Susan? Maya? What the hell is going on?!

"No that can't be," I say. "It can't!"

"Austin, Susan is Harry's stepmom. Maya is his ex. What the hell is happening?" Ari says.

"I-I don't know. But she hit me h-hard." He stuttered.

Why would they all be up to this? I don't know Ms. Hellman but Ari does... Why are they after us?

All of a sudden there was banging on the door.

"Police! Open up!" A man shouted.

I ran over to the door.

"Yes officer. Come in!" I said.

He opened it up and walked in.

"We heard there was a murder threat?" He spoke.

"Yes. To my friend Harry. And my friend Austin over here." Ari said.

"Fr-friend?" Austin said.

Ari looked at him.

"We need to talk after all of this." She says again.

"Okay so I see you have a whip. Was this given to you by anyone? Stolen?" The officer questioned.

"They b-beat me with it. L-look." Austin said.

He took off his shirt and turned his back to the cop.

"Oh my! You poor kid!"

"Who did this?"

"Three women. This one lady M- Ms. Hellman, My aunt Susan and A Girl n-named Maya." Austin said, once again in a tired weak tone.

The cop shook his head.

"What is Susan's last name?" He asks.

"Susan Codd. But she's married now s-"

"Susan Styles." I said.

"She is my step mum."

Austin gasped.

"She's your step mom! How?"

"I know. That was my reaction too." I say.

We chuckled for a second.

Ari cleared her throat. That meant, "focus." But it was kinda funny.

"Okay. Since we have her name, I'll run it through the system. We'll find out about the others soon. But, I will need to know your name." The officer said to Austin.

"Austin Jayce."

"And how do you spell that?"

"A,u s. T, i n. Then J-J, a. Y, c and e."

"Alright. I will be right back. I need to go run this through my laptop in my squad car."

I watched him walk out the door.

(Ari's POV)

Austin turned to me and walked forward.

He grabbed my hand.

"Ari I-... Why did you say friend w-what's going on? Are...are you breaking up with me?" He asked.

I looked at Harry.

Harry looked like he felt bad. But I did too. Especially now since he just made a painful trip over here to just to see me and tell me all about this. I was just torn.

"Austin. Me and H-"

"I knew it."

I sadly nodded.

"No hard feelings?" Harry asked.

"N-no. It's just that, Ari, we have so much in common. It was nice to find someone like you that I can relate to and share things with each other."

"Austin, there will be others like you out there. Trust me. Like see me and Harry? You will have someone that will like you for you. Can we please still be friends? I don't want to let our friendship go." I said.

"I know that there will be others Ari but, i-it just won't feel the same."

He sighed.

"But your h-happiness means more than anything to me. And if Harry is who you want, go ahead. Because you know what, I t-trust you. If you tell me something, I'll believe you. If you believe that Harry is the one... I believe you."

"Thanks Austin. I love you...like a friend." I chuckle.

"Love ya too..friend," he playfully punched my arm.

I turned to Harry.

He smiled.

"How could you manage to keep a giant smile on your face through all this chaos?" I asked.

He put his hand on my cheek.

"Because knowing I have you, how I couldn't I not smile?" He says.

I hugged him tighter than ever.

He was warm. I could almost feel his heart beat slightly jumping into my chest. And he was just so huggable. Like he can cheer you up with literally one hug.

"Harry?" I say.

"What," he said softly, with his voice muffling into my shoulder.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

I felt his smile into my shoulder.

This was love.

This was real. But it felt like a fantasy. I was the princess and he was my prince. And I felt like I could stay in his arms forever.

All of a sudden the door opened the cop re entered the room.

"You may want to sit down for this," he said, adjusting his belt.

We all went over to the couch and sat down.

"Mr Jayce, we have some bad news. And...what would your name be?" He said politely.

Then he pointed to me.

"I'm Ari." I say.

"Okay. Well Harry, Austin and Ari. I don't know how to say this."

He cleared his throat.

"Susan is supposed to be in jail. She broke out 5 years ago and she is still wanted for...murder."

We all gasped.

"So she's supposed to be in jail right now?!" I said in a worrisome tone.

"Unfortunately yes. That is true."

I can't believe that Susan is supposed to be in jail for murder. Then she's trying to murder Harry and had threatened me. How is this all happening?

"Ms. Ari...are you okay?" The cop asked.

I shook my head no.

"I just need a minute to process all of this."

Harry put his hand on my shoulder.

"So my aunt is supposed to be in jail? My mom said she went on a five year business trip to Florida." Austin says.

"That five year trip? That was a five year trip to prison son."