Chapter 18

AUTHORS NOTE:

HI GUYS TYSM FOR 105 READS! AS U HAVE PROBABLY NOTICED THESE CHAPTERS HAVE BEEN GETTING LONGER AND I THINK IT MAKES THE STORY SEEM MORE REALISTIC AND COOL I GUESS SO IM GONNA KEEP WRITING A LOT. BTW THE PIC AT THE TOP IS ARI'S OUTFIT JS. BTW FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: @/hmu.lox.1d OKAY ENJOY x

1 day later...

"Aunt Lori I made us some pancakes if you want some," I say flipping a pancake onto the other side.

"Thank you dear. That would be lovely." She says.

I heard my ringtone go off from the other side of me. The song "Trouble" by Never Shout Never was playing along with the feel of vibration. I looked to see who was calling.

It was Austin.

I picked up my phone with one hand and the pan in the other.

"Hey Austin." I said.

"Hey Ari. So did you want to hang out," he asks with his soft deep voice.

"Well I'm cooking breakfast right now. Hey! You should come over. You can meet my aunt Lori and have pancakes with us."

"Okay sure sounds good. Just text me the address and I'll be right over."

"Okay see you soon," I say, smiling through the phone.

"See ya." He says.

I hung up and flipped the last pancake.

Then I texted him the address.

"Okay they're ready Aunt Lori. By the way I made a friend at the park yesterday. His name is Austin. I invited him over for breakfast. Is that okay?" I ask.

"It's fine hun, I would love to have your new friend over." She replied.

I nodded and flashed a smile onto face.

I ran upstairs to my guest room and changed into my black crop top and tied my red, plaid button up around my waist. I also threw on my jean shorts and my black vans.

Then I put my hair up in a messy bun and applied eye liner and mascara to my eyes. I didn't want to look sloppy. Before I changed, I was still in my pajamas!

"These pancakes are very good dear," I hear Aunt Lori shout.

"Thanks Aunt Lori!" I shout back.

I ran down the stairs.

I heard a knock at the door.

I looked through the peephole.

It was Austin.

I took a deep breath and opened the door.

He looked up and smiled.

"Hey Austin," I smile.

"Hello Ari," he says.

I lead him into the house.

"Ah you must be the lovely Aunt Lori," he said, shaking her hand.

He seemed really good with adults.

"You must be Austin. Ari told me you were coming and it is a pleasure to have you," Aunt Lori said, smiling and shaking Austin's hand.

He smiled.

"Okay so here's your pancakes made by mwah," I say handing him a plate.

He accepted and grabbed the plate.

Me and Aunt Lori sat down.

"May I?" Austin asks.

"Sure. There's a seat next to me." I said patting my hand to the chair to my left.

He smiled once more and sat down.

"So we didn't exactly finish our questions," he says.

"Let's continue. What is your favorite band. I mean if you have one."

My eyes grew wide.

"All time low! Definitely All time low." I say.

He gasps.

"No way me too! What's your favorite song by them? I know it's an older song but I like the song, "Weightless" because it's sounds really good."

"It's one of the newer ones. I like, "Something's Gotta Give". But my favorite older song is, "Remembering Sunday". It's amazing."

He nodded while chewing a pancake.

"Favorite movie?" He asks.

"Stuck in love, how about you?" I reply.

"The Great Gatsby. Old but good," he says.

"Oooh I love that movie," Aunt Lori says giving Austin a high five.

"Aunt Lori..." I whine.

"Okay sorry dear. Austin seems like a nice boy an-"

"Aunt Lori..." I whine again.

"Oh alright okay." She finally says.

Austin chuckled.

I love hearing that adorable little chuckle.

"Okay back to the questions. Favorite TV show?"

"Catfish on MTV. What about you?"

He lets out a thoughtful sigh. Like he was trying to figure out what to say next.

"Bates Motel. It's a creepy, mystery show. You would love that show," he says with hand gestures.

I let out a little giggle of my own.

We continued on with our questions and answers game until ten am when his mom called and he had to go.

I'm starting to think of Austin much more than just the "hot guy friend."

Since we got to know each other, I think I might like him...

But we've only known each other for two days. I needed to slow down. I can't start liking someone that I just met. That's just crazy.

I needed time.

WE, needed time.