Chapter 27

A day later...

I woke up and saw nothing but darkness. It was cold and I was shaking.

I smelled the air.

It smelt like vanilla and Harry's cologne.

"Ari?" I heard a raspy voice say.

"Who's there?" I said worriedly.

"It's me, Harry. We're at your Aunt Lori's house. You passed out in the car ride here. The cops are upstairs asking her questions about Ms. Hellman."

"Are we in the basement?"

"Yeah," He said touching my arm.

"Holy shit you're cold."

I let out a giggle.

"Here."

I heard him move.

He went to my side and wrapped his arms around me.

He was really warm. He always was. I couldn't know why.

"Thanks." I say.

We sat in silence for about 5 minutes.

Then we heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Is she up?" I heard my aunt say.

Harry let go and I sat up.

"Yeah. What went on up there?" I asked.

"They asked me about her. If I knew anything she was planning, if she had ever done things to me. Etc." she says.

"Well did she ever do anything to you?"

She took a breath.

"Not to me. But, you remember how I work at Wickendale? And how she's my boss?"

I nod.

"The things she does there."

She paused.

"She does illegal brain tests on patients, electro shocks them as punishment. Much more. But I don't want to freak you out."

I gasped.

"Did you explain that to the police?" Harry asked.

"Of course. They're on their way to Wickendale to investigate a few things."

"What about Maya? Harry's ex was in on all of this too." I say.

"I don't know honey. Next time you get the chance, explain everything to the police. I mean that's all you really can do."

She walked back up the stairs.

Harry put his arms around me once again. He let out a sigh then yawned.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"It's nine o'clock at night. I know it's late but you were sleeping on the couch yesterday then you fell asleep again on the way here earlier and slept for a long time."

"Oh. I guess I'm just tired." I say.

"Very," he teased.

I laughed.

"Ari. Just remember this will all be over. All of them will be arrested and taken away. Then there will be no trouble anymore. And then all of this stress and worry will be gone. I promise."

He squeezed me for a little hug.

"I know. Then it would just be us. Safe and sound." I said.

He snuggled up more.