Chapter 16

(Harry's POV)

I went to school today. Ari wasn't there. She wasn't there yesterday or the day before either. Was she avoiding me?

She wasn't even home when I knocked her door. Then I tried calling her but she wouldn't answer. Same with texting.

I just don't know what keeps happening between us. First the handhold that made everything awkward, now I kissed her. Why couldn't I stop? What was going on with me?

I did some thinking.

And still, I miss her with every second that the clock ticked by, second by second, hour by hour, minute by minute.

Then I had realized what was happening.

I had feelings for Ariana Matthews.

(Ari's POV)

"Aunt Lori, you have anywhere I can walk around outside too," I ask.

"Theres a park up the road. Or there's a pond behind the trees out back." She says.

I walked out the front door. I was going to the park. There wasn't much to do here. I also didn't know my way around this neighborhood since my aunt Lori moved here. Her old house and neighborhood was pretty cool. I had friends there and now we don't talk. I never really figured out why. But it also had my old boyfriend, Michael.

Me and Michael were amazing together. We had the best times. I miss those memories.

We didn't break up because of fighting or anything. He moved to Europe to study... I forgot what it was. He was very good in school. That's how how got that opportunity to go there.

But he never came back. Perhaps he chosen to live there. But we haven't
spoken since.

U continued my way to the park. It was sunny out and felt about 60 degrees warm. It was pretty nice.

When I finally reached the park, I found the nearest bench and sat down.

I pulled out my phone.

I had recorded myself talking, for the Maya call. I had to text it to Harry. I had too, otherwise, he's screwed. I know it was awkward but this is a big deal. Besides it's not like there's gonna be a full on conversation. I'm just texting him the recording and that was it. Nothing else is gonna happen.

I opened my voice recorder and texted the sample to Harry.

(Harry's POV)

"Bzzzzz," my phone buzzed.

New message from, "TWAT SAUCE⬛️" appeared on my screen. Also known as Ari. Man I need to change her contact name.

Wait...Ari texted me!

I opened it up.

(Text convo)

Ari: voicerecordingsjsksjbhvsk¿.icloud

Ari: There's the recording for the Maya call👌🏼

(Reality)

Oh it was just her voice sample.

Ugh but I really needed to talk to her. I know I have to do this so people won't know about the Susan thing but, why did it feel that Ari mattered even more?

(Text Convo)

Harry: thanks 🐋

Harry: hey btw can we talk? i rlly need to talk to u ive been waiting 2

(Ari's POV)

Fuck.

(Text convo)

Ari: Uh sure i guess

Harry: ari, why haven't we talked i kinda miss u 😔

Ari: Idk. I guess things are just awkward now.

Harry: it doesn't have to be. can we talk this out?

(Reality)

As much as I enjoy talking things out, I really didn't wanna deal with this right now.

(Text convo)

Ari: Maybe later. I'm helping my Aunt Lori. I'm staying at her place for a week.

Harry: oh so that's why u haven't been in school! ok. yeah sure later.

(Reality)

(Harry's POV)

Man, this is hard. My best friend doesn't even want to talk to me. Over a stupid fucking kiss.

Actually, it wasn't stupid. It felt like all of the electricity in the world building up inside of me, giving me power. It felt magical.

I wish she felt the same.

It drives me crazy.

But so does the thought of her beautifulness.

Maybe this is more than "he likes, she likes"

Was I in love with Ari?