Chapter 12

"Harry we have to go. Now," I said.

He looked at me like I was crazy or something.

"Why?" he asked.

"Uh...I'll tell you later we don't have time."

Harry still didn't budge.

"Tell me why," He said getting annoyed.

I sighed. I didn't need him lashing out.

"Maya is here. We need to go," I say in a calm.

"Shit," he said under his breath.

"Come on let's go."

We ran to the opposite side of the mall. There was an exit over there. I didn't want her to see us. She'd probably shout out about the Harry and Susan thing. I have self control but if she were to shout that out, I would have to slap her maybe even punch...that information about Harry was not for the public. It really wasn't for her either. Yet Harry still told her. That's because he trusted her. But she was nothing but a cold hearted bitch.

We got to the back exit.

We ran to his car. But Maya knew we were here. Because on his windshield, lied a note saying, "I know you're here Harry. Watch out babe. I'll catch you." -Maya.

She's so petty and cruel!

"Harry I'm getting so pissed. I'm literally about to-"

"Ari it's fine. We got this. We just need to edit the video, post it, and call her anonymously. We will be okay. Like I said earlier, we just gotta do it quickly. We're okay Ariana," he said in a soothing voice.

I nodded.

"Okay," I say taking a breath.

"Okay." I repeat.

He looked over at me again.

"Just trust me," he put his hand on mine.

I looked into his eyes.

He looked away and removed his hand.

"Uh um- uh- we should uh...probably get going," he said getting into the car.

I nodded.

I climbed into the passenger seat.

We drove in silence.

What just happened? Nothing like this has ever happened between me and Harry. It was kind of awkward. It can't mean anything right? It was only for a few seconds. But the thought kept pondering around in my head. And I don't know why. Why did it matter so much to me?

(Harry's POV)

What the fuck just happened?

I randomly held Ari's hand. I don't know how or why I did. It just happened.

I broke our awkward silence.

"So uh, um, wanna stay over for a few more hours?" I asked.

She looked undecided.

"Uh I have to do homework," she said.

"Oh um okay."

We drove on.

Again, in more, awkward silence.