Chapter 9

"Did you just slap me?" Harry said with anger.

You should know that Harry has a bad temper. Don't ever piss him off. He can't control it whatsoever. I've been friends with him for the longest time and knowing him and his challenges and uncontrollable actions made me cringe. I needed to protect him from ever lashing out. You never want to see him or hear him when he reached his boiling point.

Harry's breathing got heavy. His jaw was clamped together from the top and bottom of his mouth. His eyebrows motioned down, making him seem more than mad now. It got scary.

Susan even seemed a little frightened.

"Harry please stay calm," I say in a worried tone.

But I was too late. Harry balled his fist and cracked it across Susan's right cheekbone. She got teary eyed.

"Don't hit me, don't talk shitty to my friends and definitely, never, make me angry!" Harry shouted.

Susan had tears streaming down her eyes.

"You deserve this for being such a shitty step mom and more importantly...just a shitty person in general!"

"Harry!" I shout.

"I can't be here right now I need to leave I-I-" Susan stuttered.

Harry kept looking at her with anger still burning in his eyes.

"My life is so f-fucked up!" Susan shouted.

She slowly backed away from Harry and started to sprint to the back door to escape.

At this point, I probably would've followed behind Susan but I'm not leaving Harry alone in anger. I always stayed here for him because he's always there for me. And it's not his fault that he has this bad temper. It's just him. I have accepted that and I've been used to his explosions. But when he starts to get physical, that's when shit gets kicked off. Everything just falls apart. And so does Harry.

Harry turned to me and took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry Ari. I'm trying harder to control this. It's just so hard. I don't want her being all rude and bitchy to you. I'm also not going to let her put her hands on me. Like hell no I'm gonna stand up for myself she can go suck my-"

"Harry," I say patting his shoulder.

"It's okay. I understand. You were born this way, this is just how things are. And sometimes, the things people do are mostly uncontrollable but again, it's not your fault."

He took another breath.

"I know but I shouldn't have done that in front of you or even done that period. I NEED to learn to control it. No matter how hard I have to try," he said pulling me into a hug.

"Thank you so much Ari. You're the only friend that actually understands me."

I accepted his hug.

"That's why I'm here. Friends help each other no matter what."

He sighed. But not a sad type of sigh. I think he felt a bit better.

Harry is the type of guy that can get through anger by talking it out. That's what I like most about him. Because I'm like that too. Like he said, it's nice to have a friend that understands.