23. Storm

" Sooo...Who is keeping you so busy this day?" Lifting my head up from my phone, my eyes are met instantly with a smirk spreading on Sienna's lips as she comfortably takes a sit on my lap, before running her arms around my neck into a tight hug.

"Nice of you to show up", I grin back, reciprocating her hug, before slowly pulling away - just enough to have her questioning eyes on me. Keeping a secret - or anything really - hidden from Sienna, is impossible so good luck with that.

" Hey...some of us have actually real jobs you know?"  Pushing my shoulder in a playful way she settles even better on one of my legs so that now her torso is facing my way. " So...what's up with you?"

"Nothing...the usual.."

"Sure. So why were you smiling like an idiot just a second ago mh? I've never seen you holding your phone so closely ever before either..." Taking a sip of whatever she is drinking, Sienna's eyes don't leave my sight not even for a second, narrowing in my direction almost as if she could read my mind and my soul just by staring at me.

"Fuck..." I grumble running a hand through my hair, and getting close enough so that no one else around can hear us, I shake my head in frustration. "Sienna...I'm screwed," I admit right there, but my admission only makes the mocking grin on her lips come back. Now, if she wasn't my to- go person and practically my inner voice on any occasion, I would make that smirk disappear. But with her, she is basically allowed to mock me as much as she wants. Since she moves here over 5 years ago, Sienna has become my female best friend. The one that calls my bullshit and is not scared to throw a punch.  We clicked right away, since her shop was close to Kyle's one, and we have been friends ever since also, the fact that we have the same taste in women, really makes things better. I'm her shoulder when she is not mine.

"Tell me something that's not written all over your face boy..."

" Is that obvious?" The worry on my face must be clear because she burst into laughter right away. " Gosh..." I shrug grabbing my beer while Sienna nods at me still amused by it. " Nah... don't worry,I don't think any of the macho men here can see shit." Winking at me, she rests her back against the shoulder of the wicker chair and, taking another sip of her drink, she curves her brow at me." So...what's going on?"

" Well...I shouldn't really be talking about it because she doesn't want anyone to know, but fuck Sienna, I'm going insane here."I'm sure she can feel the frustration in my tone, because man, I can barely stay put as we talk about Mia. Mia, the one who's been able to screw up my brain with a simple innocent smile. The one that has my mind busy just from the innocent look she gave me when I picked her up at the airport. Mia, the prohibited fruit that I can't wait to call mine.

"Scuse me?!" The shock on Sienna's face is almost hilarious, yet I can't blame her for the reaction she is giving me. I've been a manwhore since ever, nothing to be proud of but that's the truth. " Storm, manwhore number one in town...the " I'm not sleeping with you twice" no kiss, not intimacy bullshit...that Storm, is going Insane? Over a girl?" 

"Oh shut up" A chuckle leaves her lips as I playfully push her away just enough to have her wobbly on my lap, but not enough to have her lose balance. "...and yes, me. I'm losing it, over a girl. " I sight taking a sip of my beer before turning my eyes to her again. " And for your amusement, that's not the best part yet..." 

If Sienna's attention wasn't spot on before, now I have it like a two-handed per cent."Why?? Is she married?" Going straight to the worse scenario I see.

"What? No...gosh, not again..."

"Is she ...like...very young?" Now her voice is barely a whisper, and I have to say she is the one who shocked me.