24. Mia

I can feel my anger taking the best out of me, and I might not be thinking clearly right now, but how can I? His eyes staring into mine aren't tormented at all. He has no guilt on his face, and in fact, he seems way too relaxed. I can tell from how he clenches his jaw that something is bothering him, but at the same time, his eyes are telling me that in Storm's mind, he did nothing wrong.

Pressing my palm against his broad chest, I try to push him away from me, but when instead he pushes himself closer, I feel caged, just like my breath now feels inside my tight chest.

"Mia...Listen to me" Using a huskier soothing tone, the fucker manage to trick my senses instantly because even if I'm mad and - god help me- so pissed,  my body betrays me, and my head snaps in his direction. Of course, I'm met right away with his deep ocean eyes. So calm, so peaceful, mirroring the exact opposite of mine. " I know what it looked like when you walked outside and saw me with Sienna, but you have to trust me it is nothing like that!" The hint of disappointment in his tone is nothing compared to the storming rage inside me. Am I really that stupid?

"Right...So you just have girls normally sitting on you...because I guess chairs aren't comfortable enough?"

The fuckers snarls at my words, almost amused by it, and that's not helping his cause " No." His eyes are still on me. "  However, with Sienna is different ″ Lifting my chin with his thumb, he brings our eyes to the same level, but just as he tries to cup my face, I move away, looking ahead of me instead of meeting his gaze. " Look at me" Is not a plea but a subtle sweet order. I'm trying my best here to be strong, but I can't control myself when I'm squashed between the wall and his body, which seems to be screaming "eat me" all over. My brain just can't handle it. 

" Sienna is a friend of mine. A very good friend of mine...but just that." I don't want to give in, but I can feel the sincerity in his voice and in his touch. " In fact, when you walked in, we were talking about you. " If my eyes could kill, I'm sure this would be the moment to see Storm's dead body dropping to the floor. But I haven't got such a gift, more of the opposite in fact.

" I know you don't want people to know Mia... but I'm going crazy here...on top of that, I need...help, guidance. I've never felt this way...and besides, I can't lie to her. I've tried, she got me right away..."

"Because she knows you so well?!" I don't mean to sound so annoyed but it just comes out this way. Pissy and sarcastic, a reaction that might affect him more than I thought, considering how hard his jaw clenches and his body stills against mine.

"She does. I won't deny that.... but she also doesn't really know you, so you still have your secret intact." The stoic expression disappears from his face as he starts to lose his cool. Our bodies are so close that I can feel his heart hammering in his chest as his body tenses against mine.  His hands come resting on my  jaw, but he doesn't cup my face yet." She noticed something was different, and she caught the lie right away when I told her it was nothing..."

 My body is aching for all the wrong reasons when his voice deepens. I can feel the warmth of his breath brushing against my skin as he speaks and I want nothing more than believe him, which I know I do. " She can be persuasive...like someone else, I know and. " I try to speak, but he stops me right away. " I know she was sitting on my lap, but again, it wasn't in the way you think."

"So in what way was she sitting on you exactly? Because I'm not sure here..."

" A friendly way Mia. Sienna is all for physical contact and sharing of spaces. Personal space doesn't apply to her way of seeing things."

"Storm...you are not helping"

"What I'm saying is that we are just friends. Nothing more and I'm sure if you'd meet her, you would like her..." A faint smile covers his perfect lips, and I can already feel the anger washing away from my body. Why does he have to look so damn sexy?  " She surely would like you...which brings me to the next point..." I simply rise my brow at him,  because my brain is already a puddle from his closeness.