Chapter 1: Highway 57

A/n: all places, events, and characters in this story are fictional. Remember to always follow the traffic rules and drive safely. Side note, This story probably won't be realistic. It's meant to be a story about funny cars going Vroom.

Chapter 1: Highway 57

Highway 57. Most notoriously known as a major highway that crosses New Hastings. But most people know Highway 57 for the street racing scene. More notably the intense battles that happen there. Cars go as fast as they can pushing the limits, but there's this one car that everyone knows. This white 1989 Toyota MR2 SC. It's said the car appears every night, clocking in at well over 200 Miles per hour sometimes. The locals of Highway 57 haven't even seen the owner of the car. That's why it's known as the White Ghost of highway 57.

"Hey Jack, wait up!" "What is it Michael? I'm trying to get to class." Jack says. Jack has long brown hair and red eyes. He's 5,7 and has a somewhat skinny and muscular body. He has somewhat pale skin. His best friend Michael has short black hair and blue eyes. Michael is two inches taller than Jack. He has tan skin and a skinny stature. "We have our third period together, remember?" Michael states. "Oh yeah, Chemistry." "Come on, we're gonna be late!" Michael says. "Shit. Late again three days in a row." Jack says as they rush to class. Jack and Michael get to class as the teacher starts the lesson about covalent bonds. "Late again are we. You should get to class on time. Take your seat." Mr. Tobias says. Jack just stares off into space as the lesson goes on. "Hey Jack, how about you do question number five for us." The Teacher says. "Ummm. Well you see Mr. Tobias it's obviously Highway 57." "What? Jack, what kind of answer was that." Mr. Tobias says. The whole class starts bursting with laughter. "Highway 57?! The fuck is Highway 57, You high off something Jack?" A classmate says. "What?! No, obviously not. I've never taken a drug in my life. On the subject of Highway 57, it's the highway I race on. The car I drive is A Toyota MR2. If you wanna see it, I can show you after school." Jack says with confidence. "It's probably a piece of junk anyways." "Oh yeah? Actually, I'm one of the fastest racers on highway 57." "Yeah right, I bet I could beat you with my EK9 Civic Type R that I tuned up myself. How about we race tonight at eight o'clock." "That works for me. I don't have anything going on anyways."

As the day goes on Jack can't stop thinking about the race. "Hey Jack! Your head up your ass or something?" A feminine voice says next to Jack. She has long and curly red hair. She is relatively tall in height. Which is about 5,10, Her eyes are brown like chocolate. "Huh? No." Jack says, snapping out of it. "I just asked you how you solve this math problem." "Sorry, I'm just thinking about a lot right now." Jack states. "Oh yeah? What would that be?" The girl asks out of curiosity. "Well, it's hard to explain." "You care to explain?" "You have probably heard about it by now, Sydney." "Huh? Heard about what." The girl, whose name is Sydney, says. "The race I'm in tonight." "Race?! Your sister never told me about no race." Sydney exclaims. "Of fucking course Ashley didn't tell you anything. She's not one to just pass around information. Even though she's probably heard about it by now." "We're both besties, Jack. If she heard about a race she would've told me." "You're right. She probably would've. But this is a highway race, so Ash probably didn't care." Jack says.

"So, this is your pesky ass ride huh? What a waste of space in your driveway." The EK9 driver says. "Alright wise guy, time to smoke your ass ten ways from Sunday." Jack says. "I'd like to see you try. FF's are superior to what you're running." "Maybe so but they don't call me the White Ghost for nothing." Jack states. "The White Ghost? What kind of name is that." "Enough chatter, Civic boy. Let's do this race." Both drivers get into their cars and start their engines. Jack rolls down his window and puts his hand out of it holding five fingers in the air. Jack does the countdown and both cars take off. Jack's car immediately has the upper hand because FR's accelerate faster than FF's. "WHAT IN THE HOLY HELL?! HE JUST TOOK OFF LIKE A LIGHTNING BOLT." The EK9 driver exclaims. Typically, the FF layout(Front Engine Front Wheel Drive) has a lower acceleration than FR's(Front engine Rear Wheel Drive). It's mainly because the front wheels are doing all the acceleration. FR's have the rear wheels doing all that instead of the front's. But the MR2 isn't an FR, It's something called and MR. Hence the name, MR2. It has the mid engined layout. So the engine is behind the driver instead of the front. These type of cars have good stability usually. Thats why most super cars are mid engined. It's an overall better layout than the FR since the weight of the car is more towards the rear of the vehicle. There's a reason almost every Lamborghini since the Countach have been Mid-Engined.

The two cars officially start their race. "Time to show this loser how actual racing is done." Jack thinks as he upshifts his car. Jack's speedometer reads almost 100 miles per hour. The two speed through the highway at high speeds instinctively dodging traffic. Both cars pass the middle point on the highway. The Civic changes lanes and overtakes Jack. "Damnit! The fucker passed me!" Jack thinks. "HA! I BET YOU LOOK SO STUPID NOW WITH THAT JUNKER OF A CAR!" The Civic driver yells out. The Civic starts to widen the gap between them. "Alright, now I'm pissed." Jack says. Jack floors the gas pedal and upshifts his car. "Time to dust your ass you cocky bastard." Jack says while he starts to accelerate faster. He slowly starts to inch towards the EK9. The Civic driver sees Jack's headlights in his rearview mirror. "What?! How did he catch up with me?!" Both cars get side by side with Jack's car prevailing. The Civic floors the gas pedal and gets side by side with Jack. "Heh, I'll end this race, IN A DOUBLE CRASH!" He says while he turns his steering wheel towards Jack. Jack swerves out of the way. The EK swerves towards the guardrail and slams into it. Smoke comes out of the front and rear tires. The front end gets completely smashed and smoke comes out of the car's hood. Jack pays no attention and slows down a little ways up. The Civic driver hops out of his car and doesn't know what to say or do. Jack stays in his car and drives off paying no attention to the civic. "Hmph, you were not half bad. But not good enough." Jack says while he starts to speed off into the night.