Chapter 13: The Angel

Jack is still driving at casual speeds down the highway when he notices Michelle's Mustang behind him. "She's following me? If it's a race you want then you're on." Jack says as he steps on the accelerator and shifts gears. "So it's a race. That's all I needed to know." Michelle says as she speeds up. Jack and Michelle start to zoom down the highway. "She's able to keep up with me, this might be tough." Jack mumbles to himself. They approach the first bridge, Jack Speeds under it with Michelle right on his bumper. Time seems to slow down for Michelle as tries to pass Jack. "What?! She's going for an overtake already?!" Jack says as she gets right beside him. Michelle slams on the throttle and passes Jack with relative ease. Time goes back to normal for Michelle once she passes Jack. "Damn, that car has some serious power behind it." Jack says with a smile on his face. "You're not gonna win that easily!" Jack says switching lanes and passing Michelle. Both them continue down the highway continuously overtaking each other. "What a rush! This is the most intense race I've ever had!" Michelle exclaims as they continue down the highway approaching the last corner on the course. "The last corner isn't for a half mile. If I want the lead I have to overtake her now. Time to use the disappearing line." Jack goes into Michelle's blind spot, he goes for an overtake to no avail. "I see what you're doing. Clever, but not enough to beat me." Michelle says slamming the throttle to the floor. She leaves Jack behind her as they enter the final corner. Jack lets off the gas letting Michelle win. "Damn, she's good. That's one powerful car she has there." Jack says with a grin. Michelle slows down letting Jack lead in front of her. They start to drive casually and head towards Nick and Uncle Ryan.

Jack and Michelle get to where Nick and Uncle Ryan are. "Look who's finally back. Who's behind him? I can't get a good look at it." Jack pulls over and parks next to Nick's Supra. Nick and Uncle Ryan get a good look at the car following him. "A 2020 FORD MUSTANG SHELBY GT500?!" They yell out in unison as it parks next to Jack. "Another muscle car, just great." Nick says with a frown. "I know how you feel about muscle cars but you can't deny that they're powerful." Uncle Ryan states. "I understand they have a lot of power, that's why I dislike them." Nick says with a frown still on his face. Both Jack and Michelle hop out of their cars at the same time. "Now who is this pretty little lady?" Nick asks Jack. "Not important right now, the Camaro I chased after was none other than Dylan Hoffman. If you don't know, he was my best friend two years ago." Jack says. "You didn't answer my question." Nick says with a dull expression. "If you really want to know she can tell you herself." "Ok smartass, I was just messing with you." Nick says with a chuckle. "Well my name's Michelle, nice to meet you." Michelle says behind Jack. "Jack, did you say that the person in the Camaro was Dylan?" Uncle Ryan says, interrupting the conversation. "Yeah, I thought that he would be glad to see me. But it didn't seem that way. I have an idea why he hates me now but I'm still not sure." "What do you think it would be?" Ryan asks Jack. "Well, I think it's mainly because I switched to racing on the highway. Before, as you might know, I was a pass racer. But I wasn't the driver of my MR2 that I use now. It was my father while I rode shotgun being his navigator of sorts. Dylan probably thought I would take on my dad's legacy after he and my mom died in a car crash. He took it as a betrayal when I stopped racing on the mountain. I think that's the reason Dylan hates me." Jack explains to Uncle Ryan. 'Oh my goodness, it must be rough living without parents.' Michelle thinks with a saddened expression. "I see, well, don't worry about him. The thing you should focus on is school and becoming a better racer so you can get your revenge on that damned Grim Reaper." Uncle Ryan states. "You guys have encountered the Grim Reaper?!" Michelle says shocked. "Yeah, he killed my sister. That's why I must get my revenge. I swear I'll make it so he can never harm anyone again." Jack says with fire in his eyes. 'Damn, I can see that look in his eyes. He may have red eyes but I can see the anger he possesses against the Grim Reaper.' Michelle thinks as she takes a step back from Jack. "Jack, we should get going, it's getting late." Uncle Ryan says to him. "Alright, see you around, Michelle." Jack says hopping in his MR2. "Yeah, I'll see you." Michelle says smiling. Uncle Ryan and Nick hop in their cars and turn the ignition on. The roar of Nick's Supra fills the empty highway with noise overshadowing Ryans Trueno. Jack, Nick, And Uncle Ryan all drive away from the highway into the darkness of the night. "Jack, he's kinda.... Cute." Michelle says blushing thinking about him.