Chapter 23: Intense Downhill! Michael vs The Grim Reaper!

EEEEEEEEEE!

Sydney's Impreza grips through the first corner on the mountain. Michael is in the passenger seat watching her do a downhill run. She continues to descend the mountain at high speed. The car approaches a S-Curve turning into a checkpoint two's long straightaway. She hits the brakes lightly while giving the steering wheel a slight nudge going into the S-Curve at insane speeds. She turns the wheel slightly again exiting the S-Curve going into checkpoint two. "What the hell?! I haven't seen such a technique before!" Michael says as they make their way through checkpoint two. "It's a technique I've been practicing for a long time now. I've kept it secret all this time." Sydney says with a giggle. Both of them notice headlights appear from behind them.

The headlights get right up behind them. "What the hell?! Who's that?!" Michael exclaims as they both enter a hairpin at the end of checkpoint two. Sydney lightly taps the brakes again while slightly nudging the steering wheel. The unknown car is right beside them drifting at high speed as it almost hits them. "Another Impreza?! I can't tell what model it is due to it being too dark out!" Michael says as they exit the hairpin. The Impreza gets right behind them while kissing Sydney's bumper. "This guy's good, I don't know anyone who would enter a hairpin turn at a speed like that." Sydney mumbles as she concentrates on the road in front of her.

VROOOOM!

The sound of the unknown Impreza tailing Sydney and Michael's engine roars as it turns into the other lane going for an overtake. "What?! It's trying to pass now of all times to do so?!" Sydney exclaims as the Impreza passes them. "Wait, that thing has a black paint job. Don't tell me he's already finished fixing it." Michael observes as the black Impreza 22B disappears from view.

...

"Man! This thing was a blast to drive! I can't believe I've never driven it before, this was my first time ever being behind the wheel of this vehicle." Jack says as he closes the door to the car with Dylan hopping out of the passenger side. "Seriously? You've never driven your sister's car? That sure is surprising." Dylan says with a semi surprised look on his face. "I know, she never let me actually drive this car. If I even asked to drive it she would say no almost immediately." Jack says with a laugh. "Damn, she was really attached to this car huh." "She sure was, it was like my father's attachment to his MR2." "Speaking of that MR2, why weren't you driving it when you went to the shop? You took your uncle's Eight-Six instead." Dylan asks. "Well, I've kinda retired it. The race against the Grim Reaper will be its last. I think it will be a proper send off to that old thing. It can't run forever you know." Jack states. "You... Retired it?! But why? Are you planning on getting a new car?!" Dylan says with a shocked expression. "Something like that, I want something fun. I think a GR Supra would be a good fit for me. Something not too expensive but is also not too fast. I want something more modern than what I got." Jack says with a smile. "A GR Supra huh, not a bad choice if I do say so myself. Muscle cars are more my taste now." "If you don't mind me asking, what happened to that S15 of yours?" Jack asks. "I still have it, I just only drive it on special occasions." Dylan responds as the sound of an engine catches both of theirs attention.

"Sounds like Sydney's Impreza maybe, looks like she just got done with her practice run down the mountain." Jack observes as the car's headlights come into view. "That's no Impreza Jack, it's a Nissan GTR. And painted black too, has red rims, red tinted windows. It's the Grim Reaper GTR." Dylan says as the car comes to a stop right by them. The driver opens the door and hops out. "Hey there, White Ghost, have you accepted my challenge?" James asks. "I have, we'll race next Sunday. Do you have the time and location of this race?" Jack says. "Yeah, the Akazu Skyline. But first I have to take care of another race up there tonight. It's against your friend in the Supra." James says with a smirk. "Michael?! He challenged you to a race?!" Jack exclaims. "More like I challenged him. I'll see you guys up there in about an hour if you want to come watch." James says as he hops in his GTR and drives off. "This is bad, Michael could get killed!" Jack says as Sydney's Impreza comes into view from finishing a downhill run. She notices Dylan and Jack and comes to stop next to them. Her and Michael hop out of the car. "Michael! You're gonna be racing against the Grim Reaper?! But if you're coming out of Sydney's Impreza then where's your Supra?" Jack says. "It's right over there." Michael says pointing over to his Supra that's parked in the parking lot.