Chapter 11: Silver Bullet

"Time to ensure my victory by making him blow that crap rotary. I know exactly how to piss him off." James says as they speed off onto the highway. "It's time to show James what this old gal can do." John says increasing the pace faster than it already was. James gets right up to John's bumper adding immense pressure on him. Both cars speed past cars going even faster than they were seconds ago. "Did John really think I was gonna play fairly? What a fool to think that." James rear ends John's car as they make a turn. His car gets sent into a spin, John regains control doing a perfect 360 degree turn while James passes him. "I knew it, he was gonna play dirty anyways even though he said he wouldn't. Now I'm pissed, I refuse to lose to a person who plays dirty for fun." John slams the accelerator on his car. He catches up to James as the elevated section comes into view. "The elevated part isn't for a little bit but I know it's coming up soon." John says as he sticks to James bumper like super glue. The FC and The GTR approach the elevated section going full speed. "Shit! John is stuck to my bumper and I can't shake him off! Dammit! His car is completely inferior compared to mine! So how is he keeping up with me?!" James says in frustration as he slams his foot on the throttle. Both of them enter the elevated part of the highway going full power. "After this elevated part it's a steep downhill shot into a straightaway. That's where I'll make my move." John mutters with an angry expression on his face. Both cars enter the steep decline, John floors the gas completely to the floorboard of the car as he switches lanes to pass James. John uses the disappearing line technique by going into James blind spot. "I won't fall for a trick like that. Just give up already, this race was over the second you lost your cool when I hit you." James says. He allows John to pass him, both cars exit the steep slope and approach the corner that Jack beat Josh on. "That curve is where I'll take John out." James says as his smile turns sinister. They exit the straightaway into the curve. James hit John with a fatal hit causing his car to scrape against the wall. John regains control of his car still going full speed. "You bastard, that could've killed me. I'M NOT GONNA LOSE THIS." John says as both of them exit the curve going into a tunnel. "The final stretch, I can win this race." John says. John doesn't notice he's been over revving his engine the entire time since James hit him. They exit the tunnel and John's car makes a booming sound in front, he loses control spinning out. "This is exactly why I allowed you to pass me. I knew you were gonna do something stupid and blow your engine." James says as he speeds by John's car not paying any attention to him. John gets out of his car and his front hood is smoking like a steak well done. "My baby, my FC.... I completely lost my cool and wrecked the engine beyond repair. I was so pissed he hit me I couldn't even see straight. Why did I even challenge someone I had no chance of beating." John says with a saddened expression. Honshu passes by John in his R34 but comes to an abrupt halt. Honshu pulls over to the side of the road and hops out of his car. "What the hell happened here?" Honshu asks as he walks over to John. "What does it look like, I blew my engine trying to race James. I got so pissed I wasn't paying attention to my rev meter." John says. "I see..... let's tow your car so we can get started on fixing it." "Yeah, it's gonna be a monster like it never was before. I already know what engine I want to put inside my FC." "What engine are you planning on installing inside your car?" Honshu asks curiously. "A 4-Rotor engine instead of a normal rotary engine. It should make the car more powerful." "Well, let's get the thing into the shop so we can get to work." "Yeah, thanks for stopping Honshu." "No problem, I always stop when a fellow racer is in trouble." They get the car towed and John hops in the passenger seat of Honshu's R34 as they follow the tow truck. "So you raced James, what did he do to piss you off that you blew your engine." Honshu asks as John looks out the window. "He hit from behind making my car do a full 360 degree turn. I got pissed and you know the rest." "He can do that to people. I know from experience, I could've died when he hit me the first time I ever raced him. Most people get pissed and that's how they lose against James." Honshu says as they pull off the 24 still following the tow truck.