Chapter 2: The Grim Reaper

A man with long black hair is sitting on the hood of his car. "So Jack won another race. His winning streak won't last for long. The grim reaper still has yet to bear his fangs." Another car pulls into the parking lot. A man with blonde hair steps out "Hey James! What's up man? Long time no see." "Paul?" James says. "Yeah, I've heard that MR2 won another race. I think it's time you show that guy what's what. You are nicknamed The Grim Reaper after all." "Hmph, why the fuck not. Sounds like fun." "Alright, I'm looking forward to this battle. Let's go." Both James and Paul get in their cars. James drives a black 2012 GTR with red rims and carbon fiber hood. Paul on the other hand drives a blue 1982 Porsche 911 3.3 Turbo. Both cars drive out of the parking lot and speed onto highway 57.

"Hey Jack! Get your ass up, it's time for school!" 'Goddamn, does ashley always have to be this fucking loud?' Jack thinks as he gets out of bed. He heads downstairs to Ashley blasting Green Day on the radio. "Damn Ash, would you mind turning that shit down?" "Nope." "What do you mean 'nope'. My head is killing me and the music is not helping." "Hey Jack, congrats on another win. You seem to always dust FF's." "Thanks, when are you gonna race me sis?" "You know I don't race on the highway." "Right, you race touge or whatever it's called. I bet I could beat your 22B. Four wheel drive isn't invincible." "Oh yeah? How about we race on the mountain tonight." "Sure, even though I've never done touge racing before." Both Jack and Ashley head outside and get in their cars driving their separate ways. Jack pulls into the parking lot of his school and is greeted by everyone staring at his car. 'Why do I feel like everyone is staring at me. Is it because I dusted that EK9?' As Jack heads into school he turns around to a Supra RZ drifting around the roundabout. "Goddamnit Michael. Why do you have to be such a showoff!" "You know that guy in the Supra?" A classmate asks. "Yeah I do. He's like my best friend. Who are you supposed to be?" "The names Trent Akio. Nice to meet you." "Jack. Jack Pince. I've never seen you around before. You new?" "Yeah, I just moved here." "So, do you race?" "Race? Like in street racing. If so, I do. My car is right over there." He points to a red 1969 Fairlady Z. "Damn, you own a S30Z?! That's an excellent choice of wheels." "Yeah, it used to be my father's. He gave it to me a few years ago." Both of them walk into the school talking about street racing and cars. Jack and Trent both say goodbye to each other as they go to their first period classes.

"The mountain sure is lit up tonight." "Well I do have a big race Sydney." "True that. You're gonna be racing your little brother on your home course." "I wouldn't say 'little'. He's only two years younger than me." A Gray Trueno passes by them pulling off a flawless drift. "Looks like HE is here to watch as well." "Looks like it." Both girls get in their cars and drive up to the top of the mountain. Sydney drives a maroon 2011 Subaru WRX STI with rally headlights on the car's front end and a carbon fiber hood. They both get to the top and Jack leaning against his car. "So, are we ready to get started here or what?" "Yeah, I've been up here waiting for you." "Alright! You heard the man! Let's get this show on the road." Jack and Ashley get into their cars and line up at the starting line. "Drivers start your engines!" Michael says. They both start revving their cars. "Alright! We start in Five! Four! Three! Two! One! Go!" Jack and Ashley peel off the starting line. Jack is in front by a few feet with Ashley closing in on him from behind. "Holy crap! They both just took off like a lightning bolt!" Sydney says. Sydney at the corner of her eye sees a black 2012 R35 GTR speeding by her. "Huh?! Was that a GTR?! Wait, it was a black R35, don't tell me.... It's him isn't it. The Grim Reaper of highway 57 is on the mountain tonight. This could be bad for Ashley and Jack. He's just an urban legend though. But the car had red rims. No other GTR around here has red rims. So he is real."

Jack and Ashley are neck and neck, neither budging an inch. 'Damn, I can't pass him. At this rate I'm gonna lose. His MR2 is just that much of a monster.' Jack flies into a hairpin at over 130 miles per hour. He hits the brakes giving Ashley a window to pass him. Ashley steps on the gas pedal passing Jack flawlessly. 'Hmph, it's time to see your technique from behind Ash.' Ashley speeds away from him. "We still have a long way to go until the finish line. Don't get too cocky." A pair of headlights appear in Jack's rearview mirror. "What the hell?! Who's this guy?" The car bumps Jack from behind. "What the fuck?! The bastard bumped me." The car passes by Jack without any effort. "A black R35?! So he's out to play huh. The grim reaper of highway 57 is here on the mountain. I've only heard stories about him. He's kind of an urban legend in the racing scene around here." Jack pulls up behind the Grim Reaper and tries to pass him. Ashley is ahead by about 20 yards. 'Man, Jack is super behind. I guess the mountain was too much for him.' Jack's headlights appear in Ashley's mirror's along with the grim reapers. "Who's the car behind him?! I can't tell what it is." Jack honks his horn trying to tell Ash to pull over. "What's he honking for?! Is he telling me to slow down?" "Come on Ash! The message should have gotten across. This battle has gotten dangerous with HIM behind me."

Sydney presses the talk button on her radio. *This is Sydney. You have to stop this race immediately.* She says to one of the people at the checkpoint nearest to Jack and Ashley. *Why?* *The grim reaper is here and he's out to ruin this race by maybe killing one of them.* *What?! No way. He's just an urban legend to scare people.* *I JUST SAW A BLACK GTR WITH RED RIMS GO DOWN THE MOUNTAIN. YOU HAVE TO STOP THIS RACE BEFORE SOMEONE GETS HURT.* *Alright alright. We will see what we can do.*

Jack honks a few more times. Ashley slows down letting Jack pass her. She gets a good look at the Grim Reaper's car. "A black GTR, Red rims. 2012 model. There's no mistaking it. This is the famed driver nicknamed the grim reaper because he kills people in his races. So he's not just a myth." Ashley says with her voice shaking. Ash pulls to the other lane with the grin reaper following her. "Shit, he's paying no attention to me anymore. He's after my sister for some reason." The grim reaper turns into the opposite lane while Jack and Ashley speed away. "Alright, it's time to show them why I'm called the grim reaper." James says, smirking sinisterly. James takes the inside line next to Ashley. "It's time for you to be sent off the mountain!" James crashes into Ashley's Impreza causing her car to spin out and start rolling off the mountain. "ASHLEY!" Jack slams on the brakes as The Grim Reaper passes him speeding away. Jack gets out of his car and rushes to the edge of the road seeing Ashley's car roll down the mountain hitting a tree. Jack rushes down the mountain not caring how injured he gets along the way. 'The car didn't fall far. But I don't care. I would've still ran down if it was all the way down the mountain.' Jack thinks as he approaches the Impreza. He gets to the car seeing a tree branch has pierced the windshield. "Please be ok. Please be ok. Please be ok. Please be ok." He says with tears filling his eyes. Jack opens the driver side door. Ashley has been stabbed through the chest. "J-Jack... It's t-to late for me. Just leave me here." "NO! I'M GOING TO GET YOU OUT OF THERE." "I've been stabbed t-through the ch-chest by a tree branch. I-I don't think I'm gonna make it." "DON'T SAY THAT!" "J-Jack, i l-love you." Ashley says as her last breath leaves her body.