Chapter 202: Infected

"Sigh."

Helplessly, Strea's "guard" Kumo decided to intervene from here. Her matching pair of silver eyes swept through the crowd before she formed an objective in her head.

'Hostiles. Fifteen.'

'Killing intent. None.'

'Armed. All.'

'Casters. Three.'

'Gunners. None.'

"The best choice of action would be..."

Her voice was lost in the wind as she disappeared in the sight of many. A moment later, an Infected Kuranta saw a black silhouette descending upon him.

Bam-!

With a dropkick, his right shoulder was dislocated.

"Argh!"

Due to the pain, Kumo didn't even need to do anything before he fell to the ground while wailing.

Swooosh-!

Swooosh-!

She sent out two swift jabs, breaking the noses of the other Kuranta before collapsing.

"Damn her!"

Dust converged at a fast rate before it turned into a sand wall, protecting another Infected who was about to be knocked out.

Crack-!

Bam-!

Surprisingly, her punch pierced through it and connected with the female Infected's cheek. She was sent flying for a few seconds before she hit the door of a house.

"A knight?!"

"She must be!"

The three Casters of the group communicated with their eyes.

'Should be surrender?'

'Well..'

'You dolts!' Their leader, a Liberi man with orange hair, said internally. 'Do you think that she'll let us go that easily?'

'But boss... Look, the rest were only incapacitated without any serious injuries.'

'Right, right! Only Dylan got his shoulder broken since he and Tom are the unruly bunch!'

The poor guy who was sent flying by Strea was mentioned once more.

'They stooped low enough to steal food from children... I know how they feel right now, but I would rather die than do it.'

'You're spouting some knight-level bullshit, alright.' The other caster commented.

As an Infected, their living conditions could only be the worst. An entire area was sectioned just for them, yes, but the amount of Infected living in poverty here is very high.

After all, one would have many opportunities cut off just by being one! They can't have a job, people would go farther from them, and their government isn't tending to their problems and are only concerned with their well-being.

Their motley crew of 18 Infected formed a group in the Infected Area to struggle for a living. However, things don't go smoothly always. Right now, they are on the verge of starvation due to Kazimierz's recent developments which led to even less support from the government. The original feeding program of once a day turned into once every three days.

Hence, some couldn't help but steal food even from children... just to live.

Bam-!

Bam-!