Chapter 259: Recreation

Each attack landed in a single space, forming a small point. Moments later, they imploded.

HUM-!

CRACK-!

BOOM-!

Huge tears are created in the birdcage, with the audience's overwhelming amount of 'acceptance' fixing it just as it is being destroyed. It is an attack that can deal with Creator-class beings, destroying their every hope of living, ever. The concept and information possessed by them will be obliterated into nothingness.

...Huh?

Under the veil of blinding white light, I checked out the situation through my kouhai's console. The acceptance that 'Madoka' and 'Tail White' have reached their peak. The highest amount that the others reached is around 993,090 while we reached more than 1.9 million and 2.1 million, respectively. All of them are helping our attacks work against Altair invisibly, making it so that even her plethora of powers are nullified.

But, this wasn't the portion that I want to see. Rather, it is the 'anomaly' that I found earlier. A few minutes ago, I discovered its existence through the console—rather, the bug I secretly placed in it. I found out that 'it' interfered with my kouhai's operation and activated their final trump card. At the same time, 'it' tried to delete the hidden plan inside it, which is Souta's plan of bringing Setsuna "back" to life.

After that, no traces of 'it' could be found. Even with my enhanced powers, I could not find her. This is why I waited to have staggering amounts of 'acceptance' to use it for my search.

Blue magic circles appeared on my fingertips. Touching the 'input' section and enabling me to temporarily have a 'universal search' ability, I tried finding her location.

"It's... here."

I see.

I see.

I see.

I see.

...

...

...

So this is what she's been after from the beginning.

Turning off that ability, I transferred most of my acceptance into an 'instant movement'. Unlike my extremely fast movement, it reversed cause and effect, bringing me to my destination at this moment.

All of this happened in less than a split second.

By the time the light died down and the others could react, I found a dozen swords piercing my body. My preset defense and acceptance which should have protected me from sudden attacks all failed.

In my sight, I saw the visage of our enemy—the strongest insurmountable foe that we have faced—meeting my gaze. Her previous luster is gone; what replaced it is dullness. It's as if she went from a passionate girl with a certain goal to someone tired of it all.

"...Let's do it, Nichiro."

Reaching out to the one inside my bracelet, I lost consciousness.

*****

"Die."

Disregarding everything, Altair launched an attack to her full power. It was a tad bit weaker due to the need to defend herself from that combined attack, but most of it was taken care of through her connection to the console itself. Now, she pulled no strings behind and is trying everything to achieve her so-called goal.

At first, it was only to punish the ones who wronged her creator, ultimately ending with another life claimed.

Bam.