Chapter 209: Start of the Changes

Ordinary.

Logos felt nothing but mundaneness from the person opposite of him. Just like a drop of water in the sea, his existence fits so well with the surroundings that he's more of a "common" person than the CEO of a large company. His appearance is the only thing that makes him stand out, perhaps.

However, he knew more than the norm to treat him as 'ordinary'. In Terra, such incongruency between one's 'identity' and 'aura' is enough to alarm him. Basically, a person who has a high position but feels 'normal' is NOT normal.

One such entity is the Feranmut whose true appearance is hidden to keep the others safe. After all, their true identities are gods, albeit they chose to limit themselves to descend into the chaotic world of Terra.

'A sankta.' He thought. 'His aura is nothing like theirs.'

Usually, the Sankta possesses a certain 'solemn' aura due to their connection with their god known as "The Law". Meanwhile, Shiro is nothing like that as he's more 'easygoing' than them.

Logos saw the man smile for a while before he asked:

"You prepared the official form, no?"

"Yes. They are all handled by Madame Kal'tsit."

Taking out his black suitcase, Logos handed out a stack of printed papers to Shiro. They are all brought together by a clip, something that was removed by Shiro before he began going through it.

"Quick question." He said while reading. "How much work does Kal'tsit do in your place?"

"She is responsible for managing our foreign affairs, economic work, recruitment of employees... Virtually any macro-level work, she's the department head."

"...I see. How many departments is she a head of?"

"Nine."

"..." Shiro went silent as he thought of Kal'tsit's heavy workload. 'Looks like there's someone more workaholic than Cardinal.'

He then said, "Did you guys consider that the reason behind her deadpan are these?"

"We did."

"Oh?"

"Our Commander, the King of Sarkaz once asked her to take less burden. Only, Madame Kal'tsit insisted that she must do so, or so I have heard."

"I understand."

Shiro went back to reading the 'contract' before stumbling upon several lines that made him smile.

["Mutual help is required if a party experiences an adverse event."]

["The agreeing party would gain access to the proposing party's intelligence network (limited to non-confidential data)."]

["When a mission is deemed as "failure", the proposing party shall compensate the agreeing party unless under special circumstances (situations special that nullifies the "failure" status)."]

Upon reading the agreement, Shiro immediately saw several favorable conditions for Nexus. Of course, what Babel would acquire is also high-quality service, hence they don't lose out that much.

Simply put, Kal'tsit gave him benefits as a form of thanks to Shiro. After all, he is not obliged to form a cooperative status with Babel, yet he's willing to dive into the pit full of political struggles just to fulfill his promise. Moreover, she had discouraged him several times back in Aincrad, but he chose to continue with the plan.

Thus, she is very grateful to him as her trusted friend.

"Pfft..."

Suddenly, his calm expression was broken as a small laugh escaped his lips.