Chapter 262: Forced Takeover

Sometimes, truth reveals itself during the most unexpected times. Similarly, certain things could happen in the same manner. He still did it despite knowing that failure is inevitable and that any further action is meaningless. These incomprehensible actions of his...

"I understand everything now."

A soft murmur rang out in the endless white space. Only the voice was present along with a cat-eared woman whose expression is never-changing.

The source of it came out. The moment she revealed herself, the woman, Kal'tsit, exhibited signs of befuddlement. Though, it was cleared the next moment through the stream of information that came out of nowhere.

Feeling the connection between her and the one standing in front, she showed something that she hadn't done in decades.

Sorrow.

"They... are real?"

"It would be so if you do not take action."

Kal'stit met the fluctuating eyes of her, to be exact, her other self. It serves that time travel and direct interference aren't allowed due to the "lock" that he imposed, but it was briefly loosened for a moment. That moment is enough for three people of the future to link with their "other selves".

"Time is limited. Once our connection is severed, you will forget most of these."

The memories that suddenly invaded her mind were immense. It spans at least several decades' worth. Moreover, she's also the possessor of [Wisdom King: Raphael] as well as its subsequent evolution [Azathoth]. She managed to break through the limitations of UR, raising it to [#@#%$!$].

Even so, going against the flow of time under a special lock imposed by reality's strongest is nearly impossible. These events shouldn't have happened in the first place unless the one who sealed it opened a back door for them.

"I shall make no further explanations. Don't you agree?"

"...Yes."

After going through that horrendous joke, Kal'tsit prepared herself to leave the white space.

"You will forget most of these memories, perhaps even thinking that everything is just a dream. But, you must remember this." The future Kal'tsit worded out seriously, "The future has to be changed."

"To save him from that sacrifice."

The [#@#%$!$] started activating, pulling her away from this space which mimicked Romani's Temple.

"I will change the future."

*****

Clang-!

A clear blue streak interrupted the flurry of blades coming at Salter. With chipped armor and fatigued mind and body, she could no longer fight. Despite her not giving up, the gravity of the situation made her unable to fight.

"Just as I thought playtime is over." Altair said with a hint of mockery. "So this is what you call a duel?"

"You..!"

Salter was about to reprimand the person who had interrupted the killing strike, but he went ahead of her.

"I apologize for the intrusion, Artoria-nee. To save what's precious, to change the unstoppable trajectory, I have to do so."

The sight of a blue-haired boy, nay, a man entered the sight of everyone.

"You... nor everyone else does not understand the weight of this situation. What was it... 'Ignorance is a Bliss', right. Just like us who didn't feel something until it was too late."