Chapter 245: Before the Storm

"Hey."

"Good morning... Fuku-san."

Eggs. Tomatoes. Rice. The traditional breakfast that could be whipped up in a matter of five minutes, omelet. There is an option to add side dishes like natto, but it's up to the person if they like it. That one is infamous for being stinky, which is why some people do not prefer it.

As for why he did not choose grilled fish, it's because of the number of people for the breakfast. He is prepping for more than a dozen people, after all. That, and the fact that creations do not get fat no matter how much they eat. Their "information" is already saved from the very moment they entered this world, which is why only through revisions could they change their "setting".

"Are you cooking breakfast?" Meteora asked with her usual expression.

"That's right. I'm quite bored since I'm the only one awake."

"You already slept?"

"I already did."

"I see."

Aside from the times when she draws up her conclusions, Meteora is a person who speaks normally. Perhaps she was made aware of her flaws and started fixing them.

'Just like Kal'tsit. Speaking of her, she still couldn't get over it, huh?'

The events of that drinking party became unforgettable to her. Shame was the dominant emotion that she felt, but she couldn't believe that she could act that way. They even reached during the celebration party that they have in an onsen. There are alcoholic beverages there, but she did not touch any of them one bit.

"The preparations are ongoing... No signs of any activities."

She opened her [Book of Thousand Miles] and interpreted the information gathered from it. The magical tome can perceive the entire world with ease, fitting the setting that she has in her world.

"Strange. Does she not know of what's about to happen?"

'She does. I can feel it.'

To be honest, this entire plan is extremely solid. They already have the advantage in terms of "narrative" as it has been going on since two months ago. There's also an established fanbase for the creations participating in it and them being buffed to the extreme. No matter how much they look at it, Altair's overwhelming powers would be nullified once the audience's "acceptance" of her death is high. She could barely resist the "will" of this world and its restorative force, not to mention its full force being hell-bent on her disappearance.

"We will win, Meteora-san." He reassured the confounded sage. "No. We SHALL win."

If they don't win, everything would be reduced to oblivion.

"...Thank you."

To that, he merely smiled.

'The time to settle everything... is imminent.'

*****

Ginza, Tokyo.

It was the chosen venue for the "Birdcage", the place where every creation would duke it out and end it once and for all. Military equipment is spread all over Ginza. be it tanks, convoys, or surface-to-surface missiles, it was deployed evenly in the district. Each of the convoys is guarding a specific point in which magic circles are engraved. These will serve as the cores when the "birdcage" is deployed by Meteora from Yokohama. They had also evacuated the residents under Special Order 105, clearing it from any people.

Normal people, to be exact.

"A desolate Ginza... It sure is something that I never expected to see."