Chapter 254: Plot Twist

A field of flowers.

The sight, reminiscent of a fairy tale, was presented in everyone's eyes. A huge floating black tower decorated its sky, though there is nothing strange except for it. Everything just feels different inside this world.

"...Huh."

Even Altair felt its anomaly. Just by being present, she could feel a portion of her restricted. It has a different nature than her [Movements]. The [Will] that resides in the real world holds a greater presence in this place. A major sign of it is the rejection that she was constantly undergoing. If not for her assimilation with Sirius which strengthened her, she would have had a harder time fighting against it.

Swiish-!

Virtual black chains appeared and tried to wrap around Altair.

Shatter-!

She broke all of them with her "power negation" around her body. She was on guard from ambushes, something that she had learned from going through the materials of this world. Truly, Meteora and the rest had not thought that Altair could learn this much.

[Ichor: Eos]-!

Sou-!

The god of the underworld's spear, Desmos, made a streak under the night sky as it aimed to pierce her chest.

Clang-!

Hum-!

It twisted the world just by hitting Altair. Her "shield" and Desmos' conceptual weight started fighting over. Surprisingly, they are of the same level. Before Altair could do anything else, a huge black greatsword appeared over her head and slammed her down to the ground.

Bam-!

Rumble-!

Sou-!

Desmos made a sharp turn as it returned to its owner's hand. A blue-haired boy with an age of not more than 12 appeared in the air. It is none other than Shinji who had been squatting around for a dozen minutes.

"Leave the rest to us."

"...Understood."

Due to his lacking power, he would be rendered powerless after his first attack. As to why, it was attributed to Altair's ability to capture information. He could go under her radar thanks to his [Pancosmis Loner] ability, but once he attacks her, a gap will be made. Hence, he was made to be the strongest one-shot cannon of this group.

Two more shadows flashed before going straight to Altair.

Bam-!

BOOM-!

A bright light flashed before descending toward her. At the same time, the surroundings quaked due to a high-ranked spell. It was one that doesn't just destroy the surrounding space; it isolates the target out of the known "reality" itself.

Hum.

A small black cube appeared in the air, held by someone filled with shadows. It made a small hustling sound before revealing its orange framework. This cube, the "copied" Void Archive born from The Fool's powers emitted a strange aura. It seems as if it is on the verge of breaking, yet another equally mysterious power held it together.

Soon, it turned itself into the 11th Recorded God Key, [Oath of Judah]. It became larger whilst mechanical gears appeared on top of it. Golden chains connected all of them altogether. These chains locked upon their target, Altair, and enveloped her. Everything went smoothly as her shield was broken. Add to that Desmos' special effect—piercing through everything—a path towards her core concept was made.