Chapter 227: Escalating Tension

Alicetaria February.

One of the knight leaders who is responsible for vanquishing the demons of their home world. Originally, she is a princess of the royal family, but she was tasked to lead the knights to safeguard their world. She is an upright knight who would uphold justice and fight against injustice.

In her eyes, killing an innocent is a form of injustice.

"Don't lie! I can smell the scent of blood in you!

"Eh? Really? Is that so~?"

Magane made a thinking gesture as she openly mocked Alicetaria.

"You..!"

Alicetaria readied her lance while she tapped her beloved white horse, signaling it to charge.

"Hup!"

Swooosh-!

Her lance cut through the wind as it aimed into Magane's body like a snake. However, Alicetaria did not know that she is facing another snake. With her nimble movements, she easily dodged her strike and landed on the ground.

"That was scary. You almost got me!"

"Tsk."

Alicetaria readied herself for another strike when Magane interrupted her.

"Say. There are many things that could happen." She smiled mysteriously, her jagged teeth visible to the pegasus knight. "For example, you could be stabbed by that lance... instead of me."

"Huh?"

The female knight became dumbfounded upon hearing her words. They were fighting just now, yet her enemy suddenly spouted random things! Her pride was set ablaze together with her fury towards the person who kills the innocents.

"I shall not die at the hands of one who speaks nonsense!"

Tap-! Tap-!

Swooosh-!

Her beloved horse charged toward the snake-like girl once more.

"A lie within a lie... It turns inside-out of itself."

A new law has been set, one within the confines of absolute certainty. It will now happen no matter whether one likes it or not. If Shiro sees this, he would be surprised at the appearance of another yet formidable foe.

"Magical Splash Flare!"

A heart-shaped magic was launched between them, halting Alicetaria's charge. A small cloud of dust rose from the ground. This covered the two girls' visibility, but they are still vigilant in case of incoming attacks.

"Please stop fighting!"

In the sky, a pink-haired Magical Girl can be seen. She held a magical stick that embodies her agreement with the Fairy of the Land of Eternity, Mirimiri. She swore to protect the smiles of the denizens of her world.

"You... You are that girl from before. The one who betrayed her..!" Alicetaria said. "Why? Why did you do it?"

"Betrayed? You... Are you trying to save your world?"

"I am. What about it?"

"She... That girl... She's lying to you! She never wanted to save our worlds!"

Mamika spent more than two days with Meteora and the rest. With that opportunity, she got to see the other side whom the military girl dubbed as the "enemies". Here, she realized that these enemies want nothing more than peace. She got to know that the [Creators] is not as bad as she had thought. It's just that, they are only normal humans. They are not gods who can magically resolve their problems in an instant.