Chapter 256: Power UP

'So this is how... our future child might look like.'

'...Cute. His children... would be like this.'

(A/N: It's up to y'all to guess who said who.)

Not knowing the strange thoughts that the two are having, Shiro took out a shining silver card from the [Dimensional Storage].

"Shinji-kun, catch."

"U-uh?!"

Seeing him catch it perfectly, Shiro explained to him:

"That's a time card, one that will bring your future self forward. Use it while in a safe place. You can join back to this fight after."

"...A-alright!"

Shinji disappeared off to somewhere else. Knowing that the fight would begin soon, Shiro gave out full concentration as to what is to come.

"A tit-for-tat."

*****

I saw the military uniformed girl reappear back to her previous place. Tears appeared in this fictional world as it tried to withstand the load that Altair had brought upon it.

I knew it.

She told everyone back then that she could destroy the birdcage, but she would lose the opportunity to garner the collective subconscious' acceptance. At this stage, acceptance is something far more powerful than faith energy. I saw how it allowed us, the creators, to rewrite the known reality of someone.

"Let's do this, everyone."

After sending a glance toward Touka, I used the thrusters to come closer to Altair. With my exceptional speed and upgraded specs, I am far more powerful than when I confronted Madoka's adversaries.

Bloom.

The flowers inside this garden went into full bloom; a surge of power was sent through my core in an instant. Dozens of concepts stacked up and enhanced my already overflowing power.

Click-!

Flames are set ablaze on the blade of my sword. Activating the [Unlimited Mode] once more, I then called forth to my [Armament Convergence].

[Armament Convergence]-!

I could see the other me flaring up as well. A streak of black light decorated his seemingly mundane sword. The sword that I have used to kill innumerable lives. There is also this sword that I used to save lives.

In the next second, I felt our attacks hit Altair—conceptually, that is. Countless weapon intents began corroding the gap that she imposed between her and the blade.

"Shit."

I hastily used [Lord of the Mysteries] on the two of us. Right after doing so, I could see our attacks being deflected toward ourselves. Just as they are about to come closer, they disappeared and flew to the clear blue sky.

Crack-!

A sound of cracking resounded in our place. It seems that the copy of [Avalon] itself isn't fully enough for it. Her [Movements], that is.

What she had just used was her [Fourteenth Movement of Cosmos: Vicissitudes of Fortune]. She used it against Madoka-chan before. It has the power to trace back the "cause" and "effect", thereby sending the "effect" back to the "cause". Simply put, it is the reversal of causality. If she was supposed to be hurt by an attack, her attacker would be hurt after this.