Chapter 31

Keyshawns POV

Keyshawns POV

"Shit Alicia you sure you gon be good watching them tonight?" I asked holding Regal in my arms giving her the biggest hug and kiss while Jayden played wit my nephew right below our feet, it is nice having my sister around but I hope she really did cut Shannice off.

"Sis I already told you I gotchu. They gon be good and you coming back afterwards so don't worry. Go make them coins." She said giving me a tight hug as I passed Regal over to her.

"Mama loves y'all okay? And Devonte Auntie loves you too. Bye y'all." I said walking out the front door as my heart kinda sunk to my feet. Alicia right, the kids been wit her this long and nun ever happened but it'll always be in the back of my mind that Shannice still got a hold on her even if they haven't talked in months. I walked over to my car and started it heading back over to the house. When I walked to the front door and opened it I was shocked at the sight. "Oh my God!" I said placing my hands over my mouth. "Roses..." my voice softened holding my the side of my face closing the door behind me, I forgot all about the time. I gotta be at the club soon but I ain't thanking bout that right na. I brought my hands from my face to my chest holding it as I picked up the first bouquet of roses smelling them ready to read the note inside of 'em. It has my name engraved on the card, I turned it around and stared reading the words on it.

"Wishing you all the luck in the world tonight Key, you know I wish I could be there with you but you never needed anyone to hold your hand.You deserve this and so much more-Woddy."

Oh my God! Soon as I read the note it was hard to keep this smile off my face, he really did all this fa me? Behind the flowers it was sum else... a box...picking it up placing it in the palm of my right hand I put my left hand on my chest. Looking at the box in front of me everything in the room became a blur. My heart fluttered staring at this fixture wit my name on top of it. Unlatching the grove of it I opened it. "Wow..." I said looking at the band buried in vvs stones wit pink roses chasing each other all around it. I took the bracelet out the box placing it on my wrist not taking my eyes off it's unmatched beauty. "Damn." I almost forgot what time it was and the fact that I was late staring at it glisten on my wrist until Uncle Clifford started blowing up my phone...

*INCOMING CALL FROM UNCLE CLIFFORD 💞💅🏿*

"Huh..." I sighed still in shock looking at the silver bracelet take on the lights above me as it swayed against my skin."Hello?" I said finally picking up the phone.

"Heffa! Where in the heyell is you at? You was 'posed to be here fifteen minutes ago! People is at the do' asking fa yo ass!"

"I'm sorry Uncle Clifford I got...ummm...got caught up..." I said stroking my fingers against the card in my hands from the flowers. "Ahhh."

"Bitch why you sounding all mellow and shit? You high?"

"Naw!"

"Well good cause you know I loves me a good smoke erry now and again but we need you to make it here in one piece! We don promised these niggas and bitches you would be here tonight."