XXI

Rika extended her hand and introduced herself to me.

Rika: ❝‎‎Nice to meet you! My name is Rika,❞ she said with a smile.

I was delighted to reciprocate her kind gesture and exchanged greetings with her.

Elmira: ❝‎‎The pleasure is all mine,❞ i replied.

I pondered where i had encountered her before. Had we met a gathering, or did we converse previously? It seemed odd that she could be evil, yet when i observed her, she didn't give off an impression of being that way.

Rika: ❝‎‎Elmira, I'm so relieved to have finally been able to get in touch with you after so many attempts. I'm immensely thankful.❞

A tear of joy streamed down her face.

I paused momentarily, suppressing a slight urge to bite my inner cheek, before asking.

Elmira: ❝‎‎Where had you seen me before?❞

The moment i posed the query, her countenance shifted to a blank expression, though a hint of sorrow was still visible.

Rika: ❝‎‎I dreaded the day you'd ask me this, but it was time to share the truth with you as you grew into a stunning woman.❞

My brow furrowed in puzzlement as i questioned, arm crossed.

Elmira: ❝‎‎What do you mean?❞

Rika: ❝‎‎Join me, we will take seat under the tree in the back. I'll share you every detail,❞ she mentioned and motioned for me to accompany her, so i did.

We crossed the bridge, taking in the river views, until reaching the tree the young lady had referenced. I leaned against the tree, then sat down on the floor, while she took a seat opposite me so we were facing each other.

Rika: ❝‎‎I'm going to recount the events you can't recall due to your young age,❞ she spoke.

I felt apprehensive about the outcome, yet my curiosity was too strong to resist. I wanted to find out what occurred when i was a child. So i nodded at her.

Rika: ❝‎‎Just prior to your arrival your mother held a job as an aide to a circus. She was pleased with the pay she received for her time spent there.❞

I don't know if it's still fresh in your mind, probably not right? Your mother died when you were 3 years old.

Realization dawned on me.

Elmira: ❝‎‎I can still recall that. I never grasped it then. My dad mentioned that she had temporarily left but would return shortly,❞ i added.

And also, I recall my parents regularly bringing me to the circus, yet i find it peculiar that my mom would have had to work during these times.

Rika: ❝‎‎Your mum might've been aiming to give you a pleasant experience before the ending,❞ she explained.

I inclined my head slightly in agreement. Certainly, that could be. My confusion grew as I still didn't know much following that, I was let down. It's perplexing I wasn't wiser after that, I had a disappointed look on my face.

I was still perplexed as to how she had come to possess this knowledge, it gave me the chills, should I inquire as to why?
My eyes trailed to hers as I cleared my troat.

Elmira: ❝‎‎Can I ask you something?❞

The edge of her lips curled into a gentle smile as she nodded.

Rika: ❝‎‎Sure, you can ask me whatever you want,❞ she said.

Her gaze drifted to the heavens as a hush descended on the area before she glanced at me.