𝟙𝟜| 𝕊𝕚𝕔𝕜 |𝟙𝟜

TW: mentions of SA, Attempted kidnapping, Phil and his kids need a break, Emetophobia, Panic attacks

 Phil rushed out of the room and up the stairs to Wilbur's room as fast as he could.

Wilbur jumped as his door flew open and a frantic Phil pushed through.

"WIL! Wil mate it's alright, we're not gonna call a doctor, I just need you to lay down and I'm gonna make you some soup, and ill have Techno make your favorite tea okay?"

Wilbur nodded and pulled the blanket up over his head and Techno and Phil both exited, right as Tommy caught up to Phil. 

"Wil? Are you alright? Sorry no that was a dumb question-" 

"I'm fine Tess, its just a stomach bug I promise, don't worry about it okay?"

"I'm going to chose to let you tell me that for now, but It'll feel better if you talk-"

"Tessa! Thats enough! I said nothings wrong! Can you please just stop it with the interrogation." 

Tommy's eyes widened for a moment and then he shut down.

"I'm sorry- I um- I'll leave you alone-sorry- bye" 

"Wait Tess-" Wilbur attempted to catch them before they left but they shut the door before he could finish his sentence.

Wilbur sat and stared at the door for around 5 minutes until Phil burst through carrying a mug filled with peppermint tea. 

"Hey Wil, I made your favorite peppermint tea and Techno added the sugar so I didn't overdue it!" Phil smiled softly but his eyes were sad, Wilbur knew he could tell what was happening, it had happened before, a week before Techno was adopted. 

Wilbur was quiet, laying in the bed that felt too comfortable for him, he was now 9 years old, he had been living with Phil for about a month now and he knew he wasn't safe, he was never ever safe, no matter who he was with, no matter where he was, he knew he wouldn't be safe, not until he finds his family and no he doesn't mean his mom and dad, his mother was dead. Not that that really bothered him anymore, and his father was... pre occupied to say the least. No, he needed to find Gwen, he needed to make sure she was safe now.

He was very bored but hanging out in a barren plain room is better than talking to his new foster parent. But of course, the door swings open in that exact moment.

"Hey Wilbur, I erm- I was wondering if you'd like to go to the store, you know, get some room decorations, maybe some more new clothes?" Phil smiled shyly, desperately trying not to scare the boy.

"Okay... uh I'll get dressed" Wilbur didn't look up, his eyes glued to his bed, his voice quiet and monotone.

Phil's smile wavered slightly but quickly smiled again and left the room to allow Wilbur some privacy to change.

Wilbur got out of bed and grabbed a yellow hoodie and some jeans and got ready to do the thing he hates the most, going out in public. 

+*+*+*+Store*+*+*+*

"So Wil, have you found anything you like?"

Wilbur simply shook his head, he didn't need anything, not from Phil, not from anyone.

Phil smiled anyways and led Wilbur into a store. "Right, would you prefer if I just let you hold the reigns?  You can lead me where you'd like to go!" 

Wilbur nodded but stayed quiet as he wandered around the store. 

Phil was glad that he was at least looking, the entire trip had been Phil showing the boy different clothes and Wilbur shrugging or shaking his head without looking. 

Phil decided to allow Wilbur some space to chose what he likes in hopes the absence of a presence over his shoulder would help him feel more comfortable so, he strayed a bit further away from the boy.

Of course Wilbur noticed, yet he still felt a gaze lingering on him. Not Phil. Frantically, he looked over his shoulder to see a taller man in the corner of the junior clothes department. After identifying the threat, Wilbur went back to his "shopping" , occasionally peeking over at the man but, when he looked over the last time, the man was gone. 

As he was searching the store for the man, Wilbur felt a hand on his shoulder. 

The boy flinched violently but the hand stayed firm in place. It was the strange man that had been watching him. 

"Hey buddy, You don't know me but I know your parents! and your mom and dad asked me if I could come get you and take you home because they accidently left you." 

Wilbur knew this trick, his uncle had used a similar line in the past, so what's a better way to get rid of trauma than to fuck with abusers?

"My mom is dead and my dad is a drunk who now lives in America." Wilbur smiled at the man as his face contorted from excitement to anger. 

"Well isn't your life just peachy, well sorry kid but, a job's a job and a kid's a kid so...."  The man grabbed Wilbur by his arm and began to pull him away from the clothes. 

Wilbur froze, he felt sick, and he didn't know what to do, so he did what he was taught to do but never did, asked for help. 

"PHIL!!" 

Phil's head shot up from the shoes he was currently looking at and he ran in the direction of his name, where he saw Wilbur struggling against a man who was pulling his arm. 

Wilbur couldn't see, he couldn't breathe, he couldn't think straight so when he came too and saw Phil standing over him, he reacted, he hit and kicked the man and screamed for him to get away.

"Wil! Wil! you're okay! He's gone, I'm here , nobody can hurt you now."

Wilbur ignored the comforting words and separated himself from Phil. 

After that they quickly left the store, Wilbur staying silent the entire ride home. 

The minute Wilbur entered the house, he ran to the bathroom, bile rising in his throat and discomfort filling his mind and body. 

After he had finished throwing up he immediately turned the shower on, boiling hot. He needed to feel clean again, he scrubbed his body over and over again, his skin was red and raw but he could still feel the hand on his shoulder and he could feel his uncle holding him down and he could feel the stare of the man in the store and everything was just too much. 

He threw the shower door open and ran for the toilet, he felt sick, his face was hot and his brain was foggy, the only things he could seem to recall being his uncle and the stares of strange men in public. 

He truly would never be safe.

A/N: sorry for the gap in my posts.