Chapter 7

I was running late for work and I couldn't find my bag. This was a small apartment, where the fuck could it possibly be?
I walked back out into the living room ad suddenly my phone started ringing. My phone was in my handbag so I followed the sound. Finally, behind the couch. How it got there I'll never know.
I dug out my phone and looked at it.
Matt.
We still hadn't spoken. I'd moved out 3 days ago and we still hadn't spoken.
"Hello." I said quickly.
"What have you been doing Jesika, you never answer."
Ah yes, typical Matt.
"You've called once." I snapped back.
"You never called back."
"I didn't know I was supposed to."
"Anyway." He said.
"Yes." I just didn't know what to say.
"So this tour going well." He told me.
"That's good."
"Yeah."
The line went silent, I guess neither of us knew what to say anymore.
"How's the weather over there?" God, I was so stupid.
"It's nice." He said.
Suddenly I heard a girls voice in the background, telling him to hurry up. I listened as he shushed her and I closed my eye's, not surprised.
"Anyway." He said quickly. "We'll be home next Wednesday."
"Right."
"Yeah, so I guess I'll see you then." He said.
"No." I blurted. "I moved out."
"What?"
"I moved out."
The line went silent again.
"I see." He said.
"Oh don't worry, I didn't take anything, only my stuff." I hurriedly told him.
"Um, okay."
"Yeah." I had nothing else to say and I didn't trust myself, I could feel tears already threatening to fall over the fact that he just didn't care.
"I gotta go." He told me.
"Okay."
"Yeah, well see you." He said and the phone went dead.
I stood there looking at my phone and fuck, I was crying again.
That was it. 12 years over, just like that. He didn't protest, he didn't ask why, he hadn't begged me to stay, he'd just accepted it.
I needed to get to work and I grabbed my stuff, hurrying downstairs to my car.
I started my journey and it wasn't until I was halfway there did I notice I was crying. Crying, ha, I was blubbering like a baby. How was I meant to go on with my life without Matt? I just didn't know how to do it.
Keeping busy was my only solution and work would be my savior.
Thank goodness it was another busy shift and my first official day as a single went quickly, I had no time to think about Matthew.
As we were walking to our cars I pulled out my phone.
Missed calls from Mia. I could only imagine what she had to say.
I scrolled down through my other missed calls, stopping when I came to one from Matt.
I didn't call him back, the last thing I felt like doing was arguing. I was done arguing with Matt forever.