Chapter 8

I kept busy, as busy as I could and the day I knew Matt would be back in the country I was stressed. I guess I was waiting for him to call, to cause some drama, but he didn't. It had been three weeks now and he'd only called once, telling me there was a box of my things at the house and to pick it up when I wanted.
I was glad that he'd adapted to this split so well because I hadn't. Every single second I missed him, I couldn't eat and everynight I cried myself to sleep and even then I'd only sleep for a few hours.
I'd been avoiding everyone except my friends. People were calling me all the time, Matt's mom was calling me, my mom was calling me and Mia, poor Mia, she called everyday, I just couldn't answer her, but I really needed to.
I was sitting at home, staring at the television again so I picked up my phone. Now was as good a time as any.
I grabbed my phone and called, I swear it barely rang once before she answered.
"Jess, thank god." She exclaimed.
"Hi Mia."
"Don't fucking hi Mia me, you could have returned my calls."
"I know, I just...."
"It's fine Jess, I understand." She said softly.
"I'm sorry."
"Look it's none of my business so I'm not going to say anything."
"Thanks Mia, I appreciate it." I really did.
"But I need to talk to you about the wedding. It's this weekend you know." She told.
I'd forgotten all about the damn wedding.
"You're still coming?" She asked me.
"I guess." I really didn't want to.
"Good, now Jess bring a date."
"A date?"
"Yes." She sighed. "Jess, Matt is bringing a date and I thought it only fair if you brought one."
"Um, sure." Honestly I wasn't surprised.
"Yeah, she's like 25."
I closed my eye's, holding the bridge of my nose, I'd been traded in for a younger model. "Well I'll be there, with a date."
"Good."
We talked a while longer, making small talk, avoiding the subject of me and Matt and as soon as she hung up I called Adam.
"You have to come to a wedding with me this weekend." I said as soon as he answered.
"Why?" He asked, sounding confused.
"Matt is going, with his new girlfriend, she's 25."
"That prick." He spat. "Oh I'll come to this fucking wedding, I'm taking you shopping, your buying the sexiest fucking dress, the sexiest fucking shoes and at that wedding I'm going to be all over you, fuck him."
I smiled, now that was a friend and that was how I found myself walking towards the church in an extremely revealing, extremely short dress, wearing the most outrageous, strappy pair of heels ever, with Adams arm around my shoulder.
"Ready?" Adam asked, just as we reached the church door.
I nodded smiling at him, he looked so handsome in his suit, I was lucky his boyfriend let me borrow him.
"Good, let's do this."
I took a deep breath and we walked inside, I looked down, I really didn't want to see him.
"Hold your head high Jesika, let him see what he's missing." He whispered in my ear. "And it looks like I'm whispering seductively in your ear."
I laughed loudly and everyone turned to look at us.
Of course the first person I saw was Matt and oh god, he looked perfect.