Chapter 12

Matt's POV

"Mia." I called out, walking over to her.
She was talking to someone and looked at me.
"Can I have a word with you?" I asked her.
She excused herself and followed me over to a secluded corner.
"What's wrong Matt?"
"What were you thinking?"
"Excuse me?"
"What were you thinking putting Brooke with Jesika." I was still fucking shocked.
"My mom did the seating arrangements Matt."
"But still."
"But still my ass." She hissed. "Are you afraid that Jesika might tell Brooke just what an asshole you are?"
"What? No."
"Then what's the problem?"
"Jesus Mia." I told her. "Don't you think I know what a fuck up I've been?"
"Really, because you don't act like it. You treated Jess like shit and you didn't give a fuck who heard you, then when she's had enough and finally leaves you, you're the one who acts hard done by and all offended and shit."
"Mia, you think I don't know that I fucked up." I told her. "Do you think I don't fucking know that? I've never regretted anything so much in my life."
"Why then Matt?" She asked. "She did nothing but love you."
I groaned, I knew that. "I just want her back."
"Well there she is." She told me, pointing at the dance floor, where Jess and that guy were dancing. "Tell her Matt, tell her you're sorry, not me."
"Really Mia, I don't think she cares."
"You won't know if you don't try Matt." She told me. "You belong together, so please fix this." She pushed me towards the dance floor.
Fuck. I looked at Jesika dancing, but Mia was right I did need to fix this.
I walked over, clearing my throat. "May I?"
Adam, or whatever his name was, stepped back and Jess opened her mouth to protest.
I slipped my arm around her waist and took her hand in mine.
She was stiff and held herself away from me.
I wanted to pull her closer, I wanted her to rest her head on my chest, I wanted to hold her, to kiss her, but I couldn't, she was touching me like I was contagious.
I was such a fuck up. I'd had this wonderful woman and I'd taken her for granted.
I closed my eye's, god she smelt so good, she smelt like her and I missed that smell, I missed her.
The music stopped, and she pulled away, walking off.
I didn't know how I was going to do it, but I was going to make her listen to me somehow.
I loved her with all of my heart and she needed to know this.