Chapter 24

Matt's POV

"Do you want some lunch?" Jess asked me softly.
We didn't end up going to the beach, we'd just ended up sitting on the couch, just being with eachother, enjoying each others company.
"I'm pretty hungry."
"I'll get you something." She said, standing up.
"I'll get it." I told her, standing up. "What do you want?"
She shrugged. "I don't mind."
I went into the kitchen and she followed.
"Leftover lasagne?" I asked, looking in the fridge.
"Sounds good."
I grabbed it, putting it in the oven.
"So I was thinking." I said turning to Jess. "After lunch I might quickly go home and grab a few things."
"A few things?" She asked softly.
I looked at her, I was just glad I had her back .
"Yeah." I murmured pulling her into my arms. "I thought I might stay here for a few days."
"Okay."
I stepped back, looking at her. "Is that okay?"
I studied her face, she looked so tired. I was a little worried, she still hadn't told me she loved me, I mean she still loved me right?
"That's fine." She told me.
"Are you sure?"
She nodded, smiling. "Yes."
I watched her walk over to the fridge and open it.
"Jess."
"Yes?" She asked, glancing at me.
"Do you still love me?"
She looked shocked, shutting the fridge door. "What?"
I walked over to her. "Do you love me?"
"Matt." She said softly.
Oh god, maybe she didn't.
"Of course I love you." She said. "I never stopped. I tried, but I couldn't not love you."
That made me feel sad, the fact that she'd tried not to love me. I'd been so close to losing her forever.
"You tried?" I asked her.
"Well." She said quietly, looking at her feet. "I thought you'd stopped loving me."
I grabbed her, hugging her to my body hard. "Never."
"Please don't." She whispered.
"What baby?" I whispered.
"Please don't stop loving me."
"Jess." I murmured, kissing her softly. "Never."
I held her until lunch was ready. We ate then I kissed her, going back home.
"I won't be long." I told her.
"Good." She said smiling, and I was relieved, this time her smile reached her eye's, lighting up her whole face.
"You can come."
She shook her head. "Just don't be long."
I went home quickly, running upstairs. I grabbed my overnight bag and started shoving some stuff in it. I didn't particularly care what I grabbed, I just wanted to get back to Jess.
I walked over to my bedside table and opened the drawer. There was something I'd put in here, something I'd bought in Europe, I wanted to take it with me now.
I moved a couple of things, and there it was. I pulled it out and opened it carefully. I'd bought this because I knew it would look perfect on Jess, it was almost as beautiful as her.
I closed the little box and put it in my bag. I would give it to Jesika, I wasn't sure when, but it would be very soon.
I grabbed my stuff and headed back downstairs, as I opened the door my phone rang.
"Hello."
"Hey Matt." Mia said.
"Hey, what's up?"
"Not much, just wanted to see if you wanted to come over for dinner tonight?" She asked me.
"I can't Mia, I'm sorry." I told her. "But why don't you and Zack come over to Jesikas?"
"Jess's?"
"Yes."
"Matt is it fixed?" She asked.
"I hope so Mia."
We organised a time for them to come over then I headed back to Jess's place. I hoped she wouldn't mind Zack and Mia coming over but maybe I should've asked.
As soon as I got back I let her know.
"Good." She said smiling up at me.
As soon as I'd gotten back I'd pulled her into my arms and kissed her.
Hell, I couldn't go twenty minutes without this woman.