Chapter 27

I opened my eye's, Matt moving around had woken me.
"What's the time?" I groaned.
"Shhh, I didn't mean to wake you."
I closed my eye's again, I wanted more sleep. "Time?"
"Just past six." He whispered.
"Why the hell are you awake?"
"God Jess." He moaned. "The sun, it's just too bright in here."
I guess I was used to it, but he was right, it was bright.
"Maybe I can get some drapes or something." I suggested.
"Or maybe you could just move home." He suggested quietly.
Home. I missed home.
"But I have a lease Matt."
"So." He murmured, kissing my cheek. "We can pay it out, I want you back home."
I smiled. "I guess we could do that."
"Yes we could." He whispered, kissing me.
"When?"
"Later." He smirked, pushing me onto my back.
I wasn't a morning person but honestly this was the best way to wake up, morning sex, with Matt.
"So." Matt said afterwards. "What should we do today?"
I shrugged. I know I had a stupid smile on my face, I just couldn't help it.
"Well, I'll go and shower, while I do you think of something."
He kissed me then jumped up, heading into the bathroom.
I guessed we could go for breakfast then head over to see the agent who handled my apartment. Now he'd said it, I was really keen to get back home.
I got out of bed and stood at my closet looking for something to wear. It was still early and I really couldn't function properly in the morning.
"Your turn." Matt said, coming out with a towel around his waist.
I smiled at him, so glad he was here.
"Will we go for breakfast?" I asked, grabbing a skirt and top.
"Yeah, let's do that." He said, pulling on a pair of jeans. "Can you grab a shirt out of my bag for me?"
I leant down, looking in his bag. It'll be nice to be at home, no living out of bags.
I grabbed a shirt, pulling it out and a little box fell onto the floor. It must have been caught in his shirt.
I picked it up, looking at it. I had no idea what it was.
"Put it back." Matt suddenly snapped at me.
I looked at him. Where had this anger come from?
"What is it?" I asked.
"I'll tell you what it is." He snapped again, snatching it off me. "It's none of your business."
I stood there stunned. What had just happened?
"Sorry." I mumbled, pushing past him and going to the bathroom.
I felt tears stinging my eye's. We were back where we started, back to Matt being nasty.
Was everything he said a lie? Was this the way it was always going to be? I thought everything was good, perfect, but now, now in just one moment, he'd gone back to snapping at me.
I put my hand over my mouth to stifle the sob that was trying to escape me and I leant over, turning on the shower.
Suddenly a knock on the door startled me.
"Jess." Matt said softly. "Can I come in?"
"I'm showering."
"Jess."
"I'll be out soon." I told him, flatly, but in all honesty I felt like hiding in here.
"Jess, please."
I ignored him, showering and taking my time. Fuck breakfast, I didn't feel like going anywhere with him anytime soon.
I walked out of the bathroom, grabbing my clothes. He was sitting on the bed and I completely ignored him, pulling my clothes on.
"Jesika."
I ignored him, walking out to the kitchen, unfortunately he followed.
"Change of plans." I told him flatly. "No breakfast, you can just go."
"Jess. No."
I looked at him, he was standing there holding that damn secret box and I wanted to punch him in the mouth.
"Matt, yes." I snapped.
Fuck him.
I pushed past him again, going to the bedroom. I grabbed his bag, threw it out the door then locked it.
I wasn't coming out until he'd left.