Ch 34: Houston, we have a problem

CH 34 : Houston, we have a problem

Ashley:

"Uh oh" I looked up at Lances alarmed voice, his eyes glazed over. He must be mind linking with someone.
We were currently in the game room downstairs , playing a very competitive game of ping pong.
I was surprised Lindsey had even allowed us to play when Lance had suggested it. Of course it might have had something to do with the puppy dog eyes he aimed her way.
Dante as well as Peyton had follwed us in here to play their own competitive game of fooseball, but their eyes were currently glued to Lance.
"Houston we have a problem." His light eyes met mine.

Before I even had time to inquire about Lances sudden alarm a very loud familiar voice boomed throughout the pack house.
"Ashely Wolfe, get your ass in my office . Now!"
I felt my jaw go slack in shock, the long forgotten ping pong rolling off the board and landing softly on the carpeted floor.
"Lance , what's -?"
"Now!" My father's voice rang out once more.
With one last glance at Lance, Dante and Peyton I grudgingly made my way towards my fathers office.
So many possibilities were running through my head, dread filling me.

The large wooden door appeared way too soon, appearing menacing in appearance .
I took a deep breath before letting it out slowly.
"Come in." My father's very calm voice had a chill go down my spine.
As I opened the door I felt like I was literally going to pee my pants.
Ashton and Damian's eyes landed on me from their seated positions.
I barely had time to take in their shocked faces before my fathers voice interrupted my panicked thoughts.
"Sit down, Ashley."
I didn't realize my hands were shaking until I had to clasp them tightly in my lap as I sag down cautiously .
A tense silence soon filled the room, my fathers eyebrows pulled down in a frown.
My mother was looking at me and to my left, with a big smile on her face.
The realization soon dawned on me.

"Why didn't you tell me Damian and you were mates ?" He demanded his eyes staring accusingly at me.
My jaw went slack with utter shock. How did he-?
"I had to find out from your brother !" My father, scowled.
My eyes immediately saught out Ash, staring accusingly at him.
His eyes widened momentarily before narrowing in anger.
"I didn't know it was a secret." My heart clenched as I saw my little brothers grey eyes well up with tears, slowly trailing down his soft cheeks.
"No, no-" I stuttered over my words wanting desperately to stop my brothers tears.
"So you did want to keep it a secret ?" My dad raised a disapproving eyebrow .
"No dad-"

"What she's trying to say is that Issac must have misheard a conversation, Ashley and Damian aren't mates." I almost ran over to Ash and gave him a big hug for saving my ass.
A frown was now plastered on my mom and dads face, as Issac wiped away his tears.
"Is this true Ashley ? Damian ?" My mom asked, a look of disappointed on her face.
"Yes." Damian nodded beside me " Ashley and I aren't mates. Issac must have misunderstood some conversation."
A twinge of hurt struck me at his words. Although he was just saying it to save us both here, it still hurt him saying we weren't mates.
It just brought up my insecurities all over again.
"Ashley ?" My dad turned to me.
Some crazy part of me wanted to tell them that we were indeed blessed by the goddess to be mates, but there would be too many questions to answer. And I'd rather not get into it, seeing as I still was unsure of Damian's decision in the end.

"Dad I assure you we're not mates, just friends." I smiled as genuinely as I could.
I hated lying to my parents.
"Actually" Ash drawled out the word " they're more than friends. They're dating." A smirk appeared on his face.
That asshole! I fumed.
"Are you now ?" That eyebrow went up again.
After about ten minutes on my father lecturing Damian on the do and do not's of dating me he let us go.
Ash was the first one out, his long legs already carrying him up half the stair way.
"Ash" I called after him. He stopped with his foot halfway on the next step, before turning around with a scowl on his face. "Thank you."

"I didn't do it for you." He rolled his eyes at my confused look "mom and dad would have been crushed to know you were keeping this from them."
He turned on his heel and proceeded up the stairs, disappearing around the corner.
I jumped as warm arms encircled my waist.
"You ok ?"
I nodded and turned in his arms.
"Yes."
His blue eyes strayed to my lips as his arms tightened around me.
I knew what he was thinking then.
He'd been trying to kiss me since our date, but I wasn't having it.
"Uh uh, none of that. Let's go play some ping pong since my dad so rudely interrupted my game."
I couldn't help but laugh as I led him away to the game room.